Defensive Carry banner

New Rules

4K views 50 replies 28 participants last post by  Sticks 
#1 ·
We have just made our periodic review of the rules and have made a number of changes. We will, soon, be requiring everyone, including staff, to re-read the rules before being allowed to post.

#6 ·
Don't buy that... the "s" is nowhere near the "b" on the keyboard. Would have to be a deliberate mistake! :rofl:

We have just made our periodic review of the rules and have made a number of changes. We will, soon, be requiring everyone, including staff, to re-read the rules before being allowed to post.

OK, how will you know that we actually read them, instead of just clicking the link?

Sorry, just being difficult! :smile:

#7 ·
OK, how will you know that we actually read them, instead of just clicking the link?

Sorry, just being difficult! :smile:
Going to look for the secret clues thru out the posting of the rules.
Then you will have to answer 5 question with in 20 seconds to able access the link before the link.

I think most people on DC work on the honor system.

#8 ·
Well, we don't, but by clicking the link, you certify that you have read them, so any later claim of ignorance of the rules won't fly.

Then we can say gotcha!:yup:

#11 ·
"OK, how will you know that we actually read them, instead of just clicking the link?"

We just hired a Psychic...now we will know who really read the rules and who just clicked: "I Agree" :biggrin2:

Really folks should read over them because there have been some changes.

#12 ·
I am the 'hired' psychic'...and I predict that someone is going to ask another 'stupid' question...

:image035:

#18 ·
They are already up there linked in the blue navigation bar above if you want to peak at them. I am just giving some advance notice before we make everyone agree to them again so maybe we don't have as much confusions as we normally have....

#20 ·
It never hurts to re read the rules. I assume the intent is to keep the honest folks honest and the forum at a higher standard than some of the other ones floating around out there.

#21 ·
Rules are made to be broken. :image035:

...just kidding! :wave:

#25 ·
This thread motivated me to re-read the rules carefully, rather then just quickly skimming over them. Really good stuff, Bumper, and what helps keep this Forum the great place it is.

#27 ·
I understand the part about flaming and personal attacks, but what is trolling?

#28 ·
Trolling is basically posting just for the purpose of enraging other members. Something like: "I think xx brand sucks and anyone who buys one is an idiot." That's over simplified, of course but you see the point, people are bound to take offense and usually an argument ensues.
Jack

#32 ·
Okay, I have just now reset Forum Rules acceptance status for all forum members. The next time you try to make a thread or post, you will first be required to agree to the rules by checking the box at the bottom of the page and then clicking the button. None of this appears at the bottom for 20 seconds, giving you time to actually read the rules. :yup:

#33 ·
Well I knew this day would come!

But wow, it was hard reading that whole page in 20 seconds. You should give us more time. :rofl:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.