"Spoiler" Tagging

"Spoiler" Tagging

This is a discussion on "Spoiler" Tagging within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; In my time on other forums, there is always a way to insert a spoiler cover in a post to allow pieces of information to ...

Thread: "Spoiler" Tagging

"Spoiler" Tagging

In my time on other forums, there is always a way to insert a spoiler cover in a post to allow pieces of information to only be read by those who wish to do so. Frequently used for movies, etc to not "spoil" the content.

Is there any such feature here? Am i just missing it? I think it would be a way for people to say certain things, and allow it to be said, without worrying about offending certain people. Only those who wished would read it...
    The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says, "Go Away" in every language.

Fast is fine, accuracy is final. Learn to be slow in a hurry.

"I never met a man that had been in a gunfight and wished that he had a smaller gun. Ever."

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by laeckcrov View Post
    I think it would be a way for people to say certain things, and allow it to be said, without worrying about offending certain people. Only those who wished would read it...
    Just curious, but how do you know you would be offended if you do not read the message?

More importantly, why would you want to write a post that offends certain people?

It's not a matter of knowing if you would be offended or not, and not an entire post. More of a selected portion(s) of a post. And its a situation where the reader would willingly read it.

I've just noticed in many threads where people seem to bite their tongues, break off a post in order to avoid saying something that someone could consider offensive, etc. I know I for one have different political and moral views than most people on this forum.

Just an idea to allow members to more freely express their thoughts on a matter without worry. Obviously good taste would be expected, just a little looser on the restrictions side of things.

"I never met a man that had been in a gunfight and wished that he had a smaller gun. Ever."

DC Founder
    I have never heard of such a thing, but I have to tell you, the rules are meant to preserve civility and keep things clean so you don't have to be embarrassed if your kids come up behind you to look over your shoulder. The language and topics disallowed in our rules are just that, not allowed. I'm not sure what restrictions could be "loosened" and remain in good taste. In my opinion, our rules are not all that restrictive for a mature and responsible adult.....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Senior Moderator
    More importantly, why would you want to write a post that offends certain people?
    Even more important is the ability to speak honestly without worrying about who chooses to be offended or not.

Witholding honesty and truth from a conversation because some timid soul may be offended is not only morally wrong, but the beggining of perversity.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

No, the rules are not all that restrictive. It just happened to cross my mind earlier this morning when i was browsing some of my other forums.

Senior Moderator
    In my opinion, our rules are not all that restrictive for a mature and responsible adult.....
    Amen to that.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Go ahead, same something offensive..."Make JD's day!"

This forum has the 'mod squad'...updated version...pretty tightly controlled.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Moderator
    How about something like...

Government Model Colt .45's are the DEVIL !

Lets see how long that stays up !

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Even more important is the ability to speak honestly without worrying about who chooses to be offended or not.

Witholding honesty and truth from a conversation because some timid soul may be offended is not only morally wrong, but the beggining of perversity.
    I'm offended by your comment!

There is an absolute, objective measure of whether words, ideas, and tone is offensive. It is not a matter of choosing to be offended. The mods do a great job in keeping this forum civil and free of the profanity and offensive material we see on so many other forums.

Senior Moderator
    There is an absolute, objective measure of whether words, ideas, and tone is offensive.
    Perhaps.
    But my absolute may be different than yours !

and BTW, I'm offfended that you are offended...

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post

This forum has the 'mod squad'...updated version...pretty tightly controlled.
    uh....glocks are teh suck?

JD
    Administrator
    Seems like the boss has all ready said his part on this matter, to cut off further banter, this thread is closed.

Sponsored Links