Deleted Thread

Deleted Thread

This is a discussion on Deleted Thread within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; If a moderator deletes somebody's thread, does that member get a PM notifying them of the deletion and the reason? I seem to have had ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deleted Thread

Deleted Thread

If a moderator deletes somebody's thread, does that member get a PM notifying them of the deletion and the reason?

I seem to have had a thread deleted, and don't see why.

-JT

VIP Member
    Unless the thread is non-2A political, you should get a PM about a deleted thread or post.

ETA: If you are in reference to the Dance off thread, it was pulled for being political comment fodder.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

It was a link to a funny video clip where Obama's and McCain's heads were digitally grafted onto dancers' bodies in a dancing "face-off".

-JT

Administrator
    It was a funny video clip and decently well done.
    I actually got a real chuckle watching it but unfortunately it was still a forum rule violation & if we would have allowed yours we would get lambasted for other Obama, McCain & Palin material that was previously deleted.
    And then when the next member wants to post a different clip and it's slightly more political...we'll hear:
    "But, But, you allowed that one to stay posted by Cthulhu!!! That's Not Fair!"

You get the picture.

1943 - 2009
    I pulled the thread, per forum policy:

With that said, any political threads not directly tied to concealed carry or the Second Amendment will be removed from the forum without notification. Any individual posts in an otherwise acceptable thread that tries to turn the topic into a political debate (or statement) will be removed along with any following posts that quote or otherwise reference it. We are very serious about enforcing this rule and no "wiggle room" will be allowed.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Sometimes you get a PM, and sometimes you don't. By now, if I really want to post something questionable, I run it by the mods first. Otherwise, I'm not in for too much of a surprise when I can't find it. I've had some re-instated after discussion and editing the source of my links. The mods do a good job either way you look at things. Those deletions without notification only mean we should have known better to start with.

Administrator

HOPEFULLY many of our members who have been forum members for a good period of time will have a light bulb go off in their respective heads and will figure out "all by their lonesomes" that when their thread or post has suddenly "gone missing" they just may have committed a forum rules violation. That is USUALLY why they disappear into nothingness.

Then by clicking on the handy link to the Forum Rules Page (kindly provided by Bumper) and found at the top of every DC forum page - they can go to that rules page...and review the rules and use their keenly honed detective skills to figger out which forum rule they Whoopsed! on.

That way the moderators can spend more time enjoying the forum themselves and spend less time PMing members with explanations as to what should be fairly obvious about a thread or post deletion with a tiny bit of Member Homework.

When a thread or post gets edited or deleted - the reason why it was edited or deleted can almost always be easily discerned and discovered and on the rules page.

Example:
    When you post and your post includes #!!!# Can't Stand That !#$**! F _ _ _ _ R Obama!!!

And then you look at your post again and it's edited ??? ...you simply go to the forum rules page and "Boing!" there it is right in front of your eyes...Rule #4

4. As a family-friendly forum, we ask that you keep your language clean, exactly as we hope you would when addressing respected elders. Creative workarounds (the use of special characters to replace some letters) on language are not allowed. Violators of this rule will be warned once; those repeatedly breaking this rule will have their accounts permanently revoked. NOTE: Links to off site material will be held to our family-friendly standard, as well.

See how easy it is.

I've had threads deleted that I felt might of been a little biased in relation to some posts but In retrospect this is primarily a Defensive carry website and my posts were in the off topic humor segment.I gotta look at it this way the mods let too much slip by and pretty soon people will try to get away with much more
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

DC Founder
    We notify for all thread deletions except politics. We simply do not have the time to notify on political threads because there are so many of them. Members should know by now that political threads, particularly presidential politics, are pulled every time we find one. The only ones that are allowed to stay are those directly related to our regular topics. Then we normally have to start pulling individual threads that stray from the original topic.

We're are serious about keeping politics off of this particular forum.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    4. ... [B][I]Creative workarounds (the use of special characters to replace some letters) on language are not allowed. Violators of this rule will be warned once; those repeatedly breaking this rule will have their accounts permanently...
    I am the recepient of such and my bad...but it wasn't a warning, it was infraction.

Rick

Lead Moderator
    Sometimes if it's just a post in a thread you might not get a PM, but most of the time there is a notation made when it's deleted.

For example if someone asks "Should I buy a SIG 226 or 229" and you answer "a Glock 19", that may disappear without a PM.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rstickle View Post
    For example if someone asks "Should I buy a SIG 226 or 229" and you answer "a Glock 19", that may disappear without a PM.
    As well it should. The correct answer is an XD 9.

Fair enough.

For the record, I didn't post any political rhetoric along with the link, and I don't think the video clip had any real political message. I just thought it was a humorous...and rather disturbing...use of digitally grafting heads onto people in a video clip.

And when I substituted symbols in another post, I didn't substitute only specific letters to vaguely disguise an obscenity...I didn't have any word in mind, and just hit symbols at random, cartoon-strip style.

-JT

well, for the record I share your annoyance and don't take it personal. Just join another forum because its not worth it to discuss anything but guns here, even zombies are applicable here but that is all that this forum is here for: Guns.
    I am sworn to protect the Constitution of the U.S.A. from all threats both foreign and domestic.

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duisburg View Post
    ... even zombies are applicable here but that is all that this forum is here for: Guns.
    Huhhh...much more is discussed than guns...one only has to go to "new posts" to see that. Lots of self-defense, lots of do's and don'ts, military and non-military, stop and goes...there is even a new site to discuss politics if you so desire. Glad you found another forum.

Rick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links