Obama topics

Obama topics

This is a discussion on Obama topics within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Question, for both staff and site residents: do we really need more anti-Obama topics out there? There's a lot of topics that are turning into ...

Thread: Obama topics

Obama topics

Question, for both staff and site residents: do we really need more anti-Obama topics out there? There's a lot of topics that are turning into anti-Obama instead of anti-Obama-policy, and I can't be the only one this is bothering. Unless it is specifically about the Second Amendment, aren't we supposed to avoid that sort of generalized political commentary? The staff keeps saying there are plenty of other sites to vent stuff like this on, yet topics keep sprouting up.

I've seen a couple forums that just flat locked down the topics, or moved them to a merged subject all about Obama, and these are forums without the policing of political topics that we have.

-B

Lead Moderator
    I would suggest using the report icon to let us staff know about possible issues. We cannot be on all the time , nor see everything.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

That's fair. I might do that enough as it is, though.

-B

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    That's fair. I might do that enough as it is, though.

-B
    Rat.

Or...

Go to Bumper's new site...
    ConservativeStronghold.com • Index page
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Siafu View Post
    Rat.
    Bah, hardly. I'm as against the guy as anyone else, but I like this site because it's so absent of much of the same political nonsense of so many others. Everyone agrees to follow the rules when they sign up, and as rock said the moderators can't be everywhere all the time.

-B

Lead Moderator
    Everyone agree to follow the rules when they joined and several times since. It should be no surprise we do NOT allow political posts, we have been removing them quite regularly.
    Further I think at this point everyone who surfs this site understands the issues without it being brought up everyday. Don't want your threads to be deleted or locked? Stop and consider if what you type will really contribute to the forum.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Go to Bumper's new site...
    ConservativeStronghold.com • Index page
    There's the answer right here. If you want to talk politics, this is the place to do it. We have essentially the same rules as here, but have relaxed them a bit to better suit a political talk site. You can post all of the topics we do not allow here.

We want to keep this forum clean of politics. Every political thread here, not related to the Second Amendment, is simply more work for our staff here as they are all removed as soon as we find them.....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    I had a second amendment thread called "NRA vs. Obama and it was removed. If its 2A related why didnt it stay put?

UPDATE: I see it wasnt removed even though I received a PM from a moderator saying it was removed. Never mind, nothing to see here.
    “I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.”
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

I agree. I get sick and tired of seeing the word here. Any 'O ' thread here is in effect making no point at all. Besides...it's rather late in the game to be pointing out the facts.

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tally XD View Post
    I had a second amendment thread called "NRA vs. Obama and it was removed. If its 2A related why didnt it stay put?

UPDATE: I see it wasnt removed even though I received a PM from a moderator saying it was removed. Never mind, nothing to see here.
    You had posts removed from that thread, not a thread removed.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    I agree. I get sick and tired of seeing the word here. Any 'O ' thread here is in effect making no point at all. Besides...it's rather late in the game to be pointing out the facts.
    I agree with the agreement. There is no point in preaching to the choir especially this late in the game.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Links