Important: New Open Carry Forum - Please read - Page 2

Important: New Open Carry Forum - Please read

This is a discussion on Important: New Open Carry Forum - Please read within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; You CAVED! Wimp! Just kiddin'. I'm sure it'll make for some interesting and informative discussions....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Important: New Open Carry Forum - Please read

You CAVED! Wimp!

Just kiddin'. I'm sure it'll make for some interesting and informative discussions.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar

Amazing!

I am surprised to see an OC forum here, given the history. But now I'm torn on where to track OC topics: I have always tracked CC things here and OC things on OCDO, a clean division.

Administrator

Wink

Well, (in the past) some folks on OCDO were whining, "crying foul" and making accusations that we would not allow any Open Carry discussion over here on Defensive Carry.
    That was never true but, what was true is that we would never allow endless Open VS Concealed Carry arguments and debates to continue for any length of time before getting deleted.

That would be because our main focus was always centered around Concealed Carry.

Their prior complaints are not at all what influenced the decision by Bumper to allow an OC discussion forum area here.

We are a much more active forum than OpenCarry.org complete with a larger and more diverse member base.
    I'm not saying that with any animosity but, it's just my best guess that OC.org is going to lose "active and participating" members while we will be gaining some.
    It's a case of:
    "Be Careful What You Wish For Because You Might Just Get Your Wish." or..."Why Opt For A Pizza With Just Anchovies When You Can Get The Same Pizza With 10 Other Free Toppings?"

I welcome the debate, discussion and I look forward to gleaning from the forthcoming information. Thanks Bumper!
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Well, (in the past) some folks on OCDO were whining, "crying foul" and making accusations that we would not allow any Open Carry discussion over here on Defensive Carry.
    That was never true but, what was true is that we would never allow endless Open VS Concealed Carry arguments and debates to continue for any length of time before getting deleted.

That would be because our main focus was always centered around Concealed Carry.

Their prior complaints are not at all what influenced the decision by Bumper to allow an OC discussion forum area here.

We are a much more active forum than OpenCarry.org complete with a larger and more diverse member base.
    I'm not saying that with any animosity but, it's just my best guess that OC.org is going to lose "active and participating" members while we will be gaining some.
    It's a case of:
    "Be Careful What You Wish For Because You Might Just Get Your Wish." or..."Why Opt For A Pizza With Just Anchovies When You Can Get The Same Pizza With 10 Other Free Toppings?"
    I welcome the addition here. It'll be nice to hopefully discuss OC issues without the prevalent political overtones over there. Granted the political overtones is one of the main themes of OCDO, so it's not really an issue with them, more of an issue with me.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
    You CAVED! Wimp!
    Well, sorta, lol. What's funny is I have always occasionally open carried, even as I was being called a CC "snob". I wasn't being snobish, I was just trying to keep us aligned with our original vision, which I still don't want to see diminished. We are, though, large enough to add an addition to our original focus without risking losing it. And, I simply think OC is expanding in some states, and trying to get passed in others.

I have to admit, though, I was getting also getting tired of people asking if we were all about Concealed Carry only, why is our name DefensiveCarry, which implies both. Now I don't have to continue making that explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    I am surprised to see an OC forum here, given the history. But now I'm torn on where to track OC topics: I have always tracked CC things here and OC things on OCDO, a clean division.
    I'll leave that for you to sort out. I think OCDO and DefensiveCarry are two very different kinds of forums. Adding this forum gives our members, that are also members there, a choice of where they get their information. I expect though, that people will continue to do what they have always done, we'll just be another resource for your research. Since our product (information) is free, there's no real competition between forums....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Thanks for the extra forum!

I must say I started to visit DC.com less and less due to the open vs. cc debate. I like to open carry the same as to conceal. Thanks Bumper for giving us the 50/50 balance some of us here at DC. com were looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    Wow, Bumper, first a political forum and now an open carry forum.
    Umm, where is that political forum at?

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by cagueits View Post
    Umm, where is that political forum at?
    It's a different site, see this thread: http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ues-forum.html

I frequent the OCDO forum about as much as I do here. I believe a person should be able to carry openly if they so desire. So I enjoy reading about the "teaching moments" that open carriers sometimes have to give those not accustomed to it.

I have carried openly (not too often) when I'm out and about during the warmer part of the year (a comfort thing), and it's interesting to me how few people notice. Only twice in the last 6 years has anyone commented on it, and those have been positive. (One lady did scowl at me though.)
    "None who have always been free can understand
    the terrible fascinating power of the hope of freedom
    to those who are not free."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links