This is the Best Forum

This is a discussion on This is the Best Forum within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I was visiting another unnamed forum which I had found something I was searching for on a search engine. It was an item for sale ...

Thread: This is the Best Forum

This is the Best Forum

I was visiting another unnamed forum which I had found something I was searching for on a search engine. It was an item for sale and I posted a question and PM'd the guy.. the next time I logged in I was banned for life for soliciting illegal activities??

I am not sure what I did wrong, I was asking whether the guy needed an FFL to send to as I was in another state but was not up to snuff on shipping firearms and din't know if he was an FFL. I have since read the sticky on our site and think they thought I was trying to buy w/o an FFL. There was no mention at all on his post of an FFL so I was sort of suggesting that in my question. I had no intention of breaking the law but I guess the way I asked seemed nefarious. It was my one and only post and I did not have an email address so I can understand.

Oh well, I'll stick to my only real forum.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Hey, everyone makes honest mistakes. You shouldn't be crucified for it.

Sorry you had such a bad experience. People here are pretty forgiving and helpful and if you have the right attitude. This truly is the best forum out there.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post
    People here are pretty forgiving and helpful and if you have the right attitude. This truly is the best forum out there.

Agreed!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Senior Moderator
    I posted over at the The Firing Line for years and I kind of forgot about it for awhile when I changed computers and lost the bookmark.

I went to post and found that I had been banned for life. I never did figure out why unless it was for an inactive membership.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I was visiting another unnamed forum which I had found something I was searching for on a search engine. It was an item for sale and I posted a question and PM'd the guy.. the next time I logged in I was banned for life for soliciting illegal activities??
    I was visiting AR15.com and began communicating with people about my own posted item for sale. They demanded so vociferously that all communication with potential buyers be done via PM/email that they'd shut down an account and lock a thread in such cases where any comments within 3 days were posted in your own thread like that. They were so fearful of running up post counts that they'd shut down an account and thread instantly for the "violation of terms." Fine. Haven't been back there in more than a year. They're so against people and so violent in their maintenance of that little policy that it locks out folks like that? They've lost me permanently.

Not every place is as sane as DC.com, that's for sure.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I would think they would post sumpin like any attempts to buy firearms without an FFL transfer to another state is illegal,and give you a chance to explain your intentions "ATF agent MEL"
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post
    Hey, everyone makes honest mistakes. You shouldn't be crucified for it.

Sorry you had such a bad experience. People here are pretty forgiving and helpful and if you have the right attitude. This truly is the best forum out there.
    and that's the truth.......
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.”
    ― Thomas Paine

Administrator

Wink

See what happens when you go someplace else?

DC Founder
    Wow, we certainly aren't that worried about things. When people post about doing something illegal, we will always edit/remove it and if it is done repeatedly we will issue an infraction, but we have never banned anyone for posting something illegal. We think of it as protecting the poster.

We don't like running up post counts, but handle that in that particular forum by making posts in that area not contribute to post counts. That, hopefully, will not discourage people from posting more information about a product, not less. It's important a buyer have all available information about the item they are buying.

We're by no means perfect, but we do try to do the right thing by our members.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

i was banned from one forum and never given any explanation at all why,even after sending emails asking about it.
    i found out later from a lot of people that there is some kind of psycho problems with the ones that run the place.
    they don't have much respect for anyone and imagine things.
    im glad now it happened so i found DC.
    i don't want to say any names but it initials are S.F.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.”
    ― Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post

We don't like running up post counts, but handle that in that particular forum by making posts in that area not contribute to post counts. That, hopefully, will not discourage people from posting more information about a product, not less. It's important a buyer have all available information about the item they are buying.
    Ok, I guess I'm even less forum savvy than I thought. What's meant by running up post count, and why is it bad?

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    Your post count is just that - how many posts you have made. It has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on the validity of your thoughts or posts; it is merely a counter showing how active you are (or aren't!). A lot of folks think it is some kind of status symbol, though, and feel the need to post useless junk, or ask lots of redundant questions in many different threads just to increase their count.

DC Founder
    What Chooie said....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Quote Originally Posted by Chooie View Post
    Your post count is just that - how many posts you have made. It has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on the validity of your thoughts or posts; it is merely a counter showing how active you are (or aren't!). A lot of folks think it is some kind of status symbol, though, and feel the need to post useless junk, or ask lots of redundant questions in many different threads just to increase their count.
    Thank you. That's 406!

Links