Off Topic Posts

Off Topic Posts

This is a discussion on Off Topic Posts within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Because of the growing number of off topic posts, I have changed the settings on that forum to not increment post counts for threads started ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Off Topic Posts

DC Founder

Off Topic Posts

Because of the growing number of off topic posts, I have changed the settings on that forum to not increment post counts for threads started or moved to that forum. We have a fairly large number of members that do not post to any other forum but "off topic". While many of the posts are interesting, and fun, others are, I believe, intended to inflate post counts.

Past threads residing in "off topic" will retain post counts. Those beginning this afternoon, will not.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Sounds fair to me. Post count doesn't mean anything any way. As long as this forum is here to learn from, I am happy.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

jfl
    It is nice to see that the Admin and the mods are really keeping a sharp eye on this forum; I don't know how you do it, but keep doing it .
    Thanks
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

Quote Originally Posted by deadeye72 View Post
    Sounds fair to me. Post count doesn't mean anything any way. As long as this forum is here to learn from, I am happy.
    +1

-Jeff-

VIP Member
    Thanks for the update Bumper. Those of us that have been here awhile and seen the changes you have instituted realize what a difficult task you and the rest of the DC team have, and appreciate the work you all put in. It's you guys who make the forum what it is.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Uhoh I guess I won't be hitting 10,000 before christmas now
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Christmas 2012?
    The world is supposed to end then anyway...no one's posts will count.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post

-TheShadow-
    “Put your pain in a box. Lock it down. No man is stronger than one who can harness his emotions.” -Act of Valor

'Post padding'? On this forum? Say it ain't so! I figure some of the 'off topic' posts may be due to those not knowing where to post. I've seen way too many minimum word or quote replies in the regular forums. I am not without sin. But you are right, plain and simple. I'm not here for the post count. Nobody should be. This site is to help others, be informative and a broad database of resources for all. Believe me when I say I've been to those sites where post counts seem to be the goal. Strange concept actually....I've never heard of a website giving cash rewards for top posters. So what is the goal? Sort of like the folks I pass on the highway....when I am 100 feet away they are going slow. When I get within 30 feet of them doing the same speed, they suddenly get the lead foot, or my injectors get clogged. Ram Rod's third law of vehicle magnetism is what I call it. Same as an eighteen-wheeler wind-drifts a passing car into a hold pattern for three miles.
    I'm seldom a man of few words, but I do on occasion. Sometimes simple posts demand simple replies, and I really try not to reply in threads several times unless it's absolutely warranted. Personally, I'm all for your proposal....it's just that I see more avenues of approach to what you're attempting to thwart. In my personal opinion of course. It's still THE best firearms forum on the internet today.....pertaining specifically to concealed carry or not. Most moderated forum I've ever subscribed to, and the most civil, respectful, info-sharing site as well. I have no qualms with your proposition. Not that it would matter if I did, and you may be heading things off at the pass by doing so. Quality not quantity is a good standard to uphold.

+1 to Ram Rod's discourse. It's the substance that matters. Good, now I increased my count by 1.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

no worries. a padded post count is not why I am here.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

I have plenty of padding around my mid section. I second Ramrods assessment that this is the best forum. You are my friends:)

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    As you can see by my high post count for relatively short amount of time as a member, I am a padder.

Here's another one to add to my total!
    64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

Senior Member Array Hydrashok Glock's Avatar
    Wow, i feel terrible. I hope i am not one at fault. I mean i could careless but i realised that i have been posting alot of off topic about my dogs. Sorry mods if it is me. Oh wait i got another one.
    The choices you make today define you of who you are tommorow

When you see the light at the end of the tunnel your life is not over..... it is just about to begin

COPS Protective Services

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrashok Glock View Post
    Wow, i feel terrible. I hope i am not one at fault. I mean i could careless but i realised that i have been posting alot of off topic about my dogs. Sorry mods if it is me. Oh wait i got another one.
    Nope, it was not targeted at you at all. The Off Topic forum is there to be used, but we do have a few members that seem to post there more than the rest of the forum....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links