Ramrod DC goodwill Ambassador

This is a discussion on Ramrod DC goodwill Ambassador within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I read the post where ramrod got the group together to help another in need. I have been on message boards for years and this ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ramrod DC goodwill Ambassador

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar
    I read the post where ramrod got the group together to help another in need. I have been on message boards for years and this by far is the best group I have seen yet. In all my years I have never seen a group so willing to help a total stranger online. If it were not for my own money issues, I would have loved to have thrown in a few bucks, and if things improve, maybe willing to help another later in time. I believe in karma and personally think this group has got to have good karma.

Thank you to ramrod and the rest of you for renewing my faith in man.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    In regards to the most recent donation that was made to help a fellow member, I think it was an incredible display of man helping man, especially helping somebody you don't even know. That says alot about the members here and their willingness to assist another member during a difficult time. Considering the condition of todays economy and the upcoming holiday season, it was an extremely nice gesture and my heart was warmed by this act of kindness.

Case by case. No need for red tape, or overtaxing anyone's time. We should keep it simple as stated
    I think this is a good way to handle it. The administrators and moderators of this site know how much time and dedication it takes to keep this site running and moderated properly. It's a huge commitment and they do a great job. I think that adding an additional financial responsibility for the site could create a burden on somebody thats just not warranted.

I personally consider myself lucky to be a member of a board that cares about the members as this one does.

"Happy Holidays to All"
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

VIP Member
    Bumper is right that he would probably need to form a 501c3 non-profit corporation to do what is being talked about, but then, doing so could actually help him protect himself as owner of this web site. (Limited liability, corporate insurance, and so on.)

I think it is a fairly easy and straight forward process to create a legal non-profit corp. and apply for tax exempt status. The big problem then becomes the income tax filing requirement which is slightly cumbersome. A second difficulty is that some measure of personal control is lost as a board of directors has to be appointed. Though those folks could be existing moderators, Bumper would no longer have sole control of his board.

It doesn't really require a lawyer to do these things, and some states actually have offices that help promote the formation of non-profits.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Though those folks could be existing moderators, Bumper would no longer have sole control of his board.
    Hey, I could sell board positions like Governor Blagojevich sells Senate seats....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    Hey, I could sell board positions like Governor Blagojevich sells Senate seats....

Bad Bumper... Go stand in the Corner....

To think like one of them people...

Just kidding!

"Without fear there can be no Courage!"

I've admired RamRod ever since he posted that pic of him keeping a rat warm in his jacket. He is truly a sensitive man.

JK, nice job bro!
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

Senior Moderator
    A rat?

Why not a bunny or a puppy or something?
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    A rat?

Why not a bunny or a puppy or something?
    You'd have to ask him that....

looks like a rat to me.

... rats are one of Gods creatures.

He's so sensitive
    Last edited by rhinokrk; December 12th, 2008 at 07:25 PM. Reason: ADDED: he's so sensitive :)
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

Senior Moderator
    Dont let him fool ya...

see that hand in his pocket? He's probably holding a .45 to keep someone from stealing...what ever that thing is...
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links