Ramrod DC goodwill Ambassador

This is a discussion on Ramrod DC goodwill Ambassador within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I would like to nominate Ramrod to the post of Defensive Carry Goodwill Ambassador.Over the last year when people need a little help with life ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ramrod DC goodwill Ambassador

Ramrod DC goodwill Ambassador

I would like to nominate Ramrod to the post of Defensive Carry Goodwill Ambassador.Over the last year when people need a little help with life or like Artz gun deal he has managed to generate some interest in helping out a fellow forum member.
    I think that possibly in the future we might generate a fund we can donate to even if it's just pocket change that a committee can disburse in times of need to other members.Since Ramrod suggested this in the past I feel he should be the"Ramrod" on this endeavour.Even a dollar a month from most forum members could become quite substantial
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Natureboypkr's Avatar
    To add to that I would like to vote him Glock Advisor, due to his extensive knowledge and collection of Glocks
    Mixed Martial Arts Record= 2-0.......Kyokushin Karate Record=5-0

USMC.....helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775

If we could have a paypal account to send to I could send some earnings from junk sold on Ebay..
    Yoda, I am, yes.

Administrator
    "Operation RamRod"
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    "Operation RamRod"

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    If we could have a paypal account to send to...
    That's a thought for Bumper! Not a bad idea, and many kudos to RamRod for taking the initiative to help out!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

I believe what goes around...comes around.

Something good must be spinning around in the Cosmos and headed Ram Rod's way.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I would like to nominate Ramrod to the post of Defensive Carry Goodwill Ambassador.Over the last year when people need a little help with life or like Artz gun deal he has managed to generate some interest in helping out a fellow forum member.
    I think that possibly in the future we might generate a fund we can donate to even if it's just pocket change that a committee can disburse in times of need to other members.Since Ramrod suggested this in the past I feel he should be the"Ramrod" on this endeavour.Even a dollar a month from most forum members could become quite substantial
    First off, it's a noble notion. I have attempted to portray the vast resources available to a large forum membership before. Until now, this proposition hasn't seen much light. Guessing the time, the place, or the explanation were out of whack somehow. Thing is.........four to six years ago, I made more money in a year's time than I think I'll ever see again. I was highly involved giving to charitable causes and organizations. Feed the Children, local State Police Association, Veteran's funds, USA Olympic shooting team, local 'shop with a cop' programs, and the like. I started out with the main intent (through the sensible advice of my tax accountant) as viable tax deductions. One side effect of my selfishness was a sense of feeling good about helping others. I never had to worry about calendars for the upcoming new year, got plenty of thank you letters, and awards, and got to see some of the 'shop with a cop' outcomes on local newscasts. The children are number one in my book, and I soon donated to the local cause as opposed to the world-wide cause. We must take care of our own first. They are our future. The cops? They drive some of the best and fastest cars on the road...I'm jealous...but they hold a seemingly thankless job. In my current situation and the past couple of years, my income has been eaten up by bills, the economy, and other responsibilities. I am no longer able to give as I have in the past financially, and that does have an effect on me. I'm an optimist mainly, but in my day-to-day life, I see so many reasons why the human race could fail. The good, the bad, the ugly. There have been some times when I want to be ashamed of being part of humanity. The me, me, me world. But there's a bright side to everything as they say, and I'm always seeking that with my sunglasses on. It's rather simple to play a part in your community, and especially when you look for no rewards, because I also believe firmly in karma. Help when you can, and when you're in need, it will come back. Everyone should do this IMO. We'll make it a better country with or without the aid of government. I've rambled enough on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Natureboypkr View Post
    To add to that I would like to vote him Glock Advisor, due to his extensive knowledge and collection of Glocks
    Thanks, but .......................I'm a Glock lover, but by no means an afficianado. My personal experiences are always portrayed. I know what works for me, and in part, the G17, G19, G21, G22, G27, and G30 have all run through these hands for years on the range and/or for carry. And any of my technical resources are always available. The G21 and G30 have left the fold for better reasons. What I give is personal advice and web links to help others. I'd never claim to know a lot, but what I know in my personal experience may help someone, somewhere, somehow. That's all I'm in it for. Sometimes I may seem rather adamant in my opinions. I always hope it's for good reason. My utmost concern is for everyone's safety, and enjoyment, as well as staying on the best side of the law with their weapons of choice, to be used in a defensive manner. Share the knowledge, your experiences, etc. It will do no good keeping it to yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInNY View Post
    That's a thought for Bumper! Not a bad idea, and many kudos to RamRod for taking the initiative to help out!
    Kudos not necessary...I am not worthy. It's part of who I am. The teamwork here has impressed me, and I have renewed hope for the community, and the future of humanity. Lord knows I have to keep that feeling alive, close, and tangible in order to see the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    "Operation RamRod"
    Please, I don't think it would fly. Can we call it operation DC? You guys..........

I still think we can have a donation site IE paypal where members can donate a buck or two a month to be used to help forum members that find themselves in a financial situation,not just a new gun they want but maybe losing a job and needing a few groceries to get by til they get some other resources involved.It would be considered on a case by case basis etc.and sometimes brought up by another member knowing somebody needs help but is too proud to ask for it
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    I've been reading a book lately and the author mentioned that regardless of how you spent your life, typically you'll be remembered for two things. Your courage, and how you helped others. Interesting thought
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    It's rather simple to play a part in your community, and especially when you look for no rewards, because I also believe firmly in karma. Help when you can, and when you're in need, it will come back. Everyone should do this IMO. We'll make it a better country with or without the aid of government.

Count me in, in one form or another.

I always read Ram Rods posts because they are truly informative, generous of his time, well written, and positive.
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

DC Founder
    While it's a commendable idea to set up a PayPal account to do something like this, there's more to it than just setting up an account. Any money taken in has to be reported to the IRS as income or we would also have to set up an entity as a charitable cause, with additional bookkeeping and reporting. All this would have legal and accounting costs associated with it that would be out of reach, especially in these economic hard times.

It might be better if, when a need is identified, we continue to handle it as this one was handled. Everyone is able to kick in what they can financially handle at the time. We have a lot of members that are willing and able to step up to the plate when something like this happens. Spontaneous response to a problem a member may be having, is infectious, where a planned fund may be a little less personal.

I very much appreciate the generosity of our members in lending a helping hand to those that are going through a personal financial trial.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Senior Member Array Natureboypkr's Avatar
    Im in
    Mixed Martial Arts Record= 2-0.......Kyokushin Karate Record=5-0

USMC.....helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    It might be better if, when a need is identified, we continue to handle it as this one was handled. Everyone is able to kick in what they can financially handle at the time. We have a lot of members that are willing and able to step up to the plate when something like this happens. Spontaneous response to a problem a member may be having, is infectious, where a planned fund may be a little less personal.

I very much appreciate the generosity of our members in lending a helping hand to those that are going through a personal financial trial.
    I agree. Case by case. No need for red tape, or overtaxing anyone's time. We should keep it simple as stated.

While I've been away from the forum for a few months, lots has happened. New Mods, lots of new members and DC.com keeps marching on.

Ram Rod is a great guy... He is forever the optimist, has very helpful and enlightening post and he sent me a plug for my Glock just cause he had some extra's on hand!

I always enjoy getting into some of the more passionate/heated threads if Ram Rod is posting. We do have some pretty healthy debate on this forum and the moderators do an excellent job moderating them. Although I sometimes feel a bit guilty for my part in making them work hard.

I think Ram Rod would be a great Ambassador!

I'm only a lowly public servant so funds are usually tight, but I'm always up for doing my fair share in time of need and have a benevolent heart, so count me in! I can usually scrape something together.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links