Post Count Update Delay

This is a discussion on Post Count Update Delay within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Originally Posted by DMan I don't find the post count usefull, what I do find usefull is the "Stars" and the Join Date. Just because ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Post Count Update Delay

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by DMan View Post
    I don't find the post count usefull, what I do find usefull is the "Stars" and the Join Date. Just because someone joined at the birth of DC (back when it was CC), does not mean they are active, or had valuable input. I for one have a hard time remembering screen names. Ones like "Thumber", "Bumber", "Ram Rod", that are leaders are driven into my memory, but there are others that have incredible input but their names just don't stick in my head.

I noticed that there are now "stars" where we can rate threads - this is the one feature that I wish we all used a little more, as it would help me find those excellent threads a little faster.
    The stars under a members name (well at east the first 5) are directly related to post count, so again, those don't mean squat...

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    And, for the record, nothing is changing. It is what it is. There's those that may agree with it and those that may not, but I'm satisfied with it.....
    One can continue to argue their position...but this says it all.

I do chuckle though that some are so engrossed with count or no count, stars or no stars, join date or no join date...I would think there would be bigger things to worry about/discuss than star count.

Rick

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links