New forum with specific state sub-forums?

This is a discussion on New forum with specific state sub-forums? within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I can imagine the time that it takes keeping things up to date. Even our own Arkansas State Police website that is suppose to be ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New forum with specific state sub-forums?

Senior Moderator
    I can imagine the time that it takes keeping things up to date. Even our own Arkansas State Police website that is suppose to be the authority on gun laws seems to have a difficult time keeping things current and they sometimes put out bad infortmation, and these people get paid to do it.

I'm sure that some states are better than most, but mutiply that times 50 and it would appear to be a full time job just keeping things up.

Hopefully a link will stop some of the silly arguments that some peope have about something that may be legal or illegal in their state that dont realzie it may not be the same everywhere.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

2. Remove Ads

DC Founder
    The details have been ironed out with handgunlaw.us and a permanent link to them has been added in the "Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions" forum. It appears as a subforum (vBulletin quirk) but is actually a convenient link to their website.

I encourage each of you to visit this website for information regarding the concealed carry laws of specific states. They have the most accurate and complete information available on the Internet.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Senior Member Array Gary Slider's Avatar

Thank You Bumper

Not for adding Handgunlaw.us to the web listing but for keeping this site up. I took care of a forum once before and doubt I will ever do it again. What you do is so much harder than keeping up handgunlaw.us. Your work never stops and the vast majority of the time all you hear are the negatives.

Just want to say there are a lot of people out there that appreciate what you are doing. I'm one of them. Thank you.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

DC Founder
    Thanks, Gary, but I wouldn't change places with you guys for anything. It is a pain running a forum sometime, but the responsibility of a site like handgunlaw.us is a much bigger task than keeping up a forum. Looks like we both found the niche that suits us both. Keep on doing the great job you guys are doing.....
    Bumper

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    You know I actually thought of mentioning Handgunlaw.

Slider does an exellent job of maintaining it and he does his best to insure that it is accurate....I've been known to use it myself.

Actually, that site probably ought to be sticky.
    I'll second that HotGuns. A sticking with info pointing to Handgunlaw.us is a really good idea if you ask me.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

DC Founder
    It's more than just a sticky, it's a permanent link separated from the threads and always visible from the first page....
    Bumper

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links