Counter productive posts to the Second Amendment cause

This is a discussion on Counter productive posts to the Second Amendment cause within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I keep seeing posts that I find as fuel for the antis and their cause. We need to have some sort of a reminder for ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Counter productive posts to the Second Amendment cause

Counter productive posts to the Second Amendment cause

I keep seeing posts that I find as fuel for the antis and their cause. We need to have some sort of a reminder for anyone posting that pro-second amendment people are not the only ones reading this forum.

I know, like you that I can find more than a couple posts that the antis can easily use to fuel their arguments with and turning more people away from responsible gun ownership.

I've been guilty of this in the past too. I assume because we're after a like minded cause that we're the only ones here, but thats just not the case. Please keep a watchful eye for your posts and consider if its productive to conceal carry or counter productive.

I would really like to see some sort of a reminder for our group that others are reading here too.
    They can't take your right to own a firearm. They can ask with force and you can answer any way you choose.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    There are all types of people here. From the radical right to the left but realistic. I often see postings on either side of a question that make we wonder where "that" came from but as a whole this is still the most informative and interesting gun related site I belong to and a good part of the reason why is the variety of opinions expressed here. The "anties" will find their proof even if they have to make it up out of thin air. So I'm not too concerned myself.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

It's always worth remembering one thing, when posting here: this is a public forum.

All sorts of folks see exactly what we post, get to read the discussions and rationalizations, get to hear first-hand the comments about what we imagine we would or wouldn't do in certain situations.

The one thing we cannot control is how others take it. The one thing we can control is what we say and how we say it.

As for whether it's productive to carry or not, the only worthwhile "production" is the maintenance of my ability to protect myself and my family. In a country where the "authorities" are absolved from providing me any security or protection, it's my responsibility. That some folks get bummed with my (and millions of others) opting to do so remains their problem, as having the means for self-defense ability is not a crime.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ImChad View Post
    I keep seeing posts that I find as fuel for the antis and their cause. We need to have some sort of a reminder for anyone posting that pro-second amendment people are not the only ones reading this forum.

I know, like you that I can find more than a couple posts that the antis can easily use to fuel their arguments with and turning more people away from responsible gun ownership.

I've been guilty of this in the past too. I assume because we're after a like minded cause that we're the only ones here, but thats just not the case. Please keep a watchful eye for your posts and consider if its productive to conceal carry or counter productive.

I would really like to see some sort of a reminder for our group that others are reading here too.

Examples?
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

I agree we always need to be mindful not to give the enemy any ammo.
    The Mods on this site do a great job of weeding posts that may hurt our cause.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Senior Moderator
    The anti gunners already have all the "ammo" that they need.

They want your gun. They don't care how they get it. What ever you say does not matter to them. They hear what they want to hear. They see only what they want to see. They cannot rationalize, comprehend or understand the simple concept of being able to defend ones self with a gun.

So, speak freely while you can. Don't worry about what a bunch of yahoos might think or say, because their minds are already made up.

If something is out of line, we will remove it. Otherwise, everyone is entitled to an opinion, no matter how right or wrong we perceive it to be.

Heck, I was even wrong once, a long time ago....
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

The mods do a good job of keeping order, we also have another amendment that involves the freedom of speech that the anti's may want to take. Should we let them stop us from stating our views.
    As HotGuns said the anti's already have all the ammo they need as far as they are concerned, common sense will not sway them.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Senior Member Array flagflyfish's Avatar
    Heck, I was even wrong once, a long time ago....

Say it ain't so!!!!!!

There are a lot of differing opinions here, take what you can use and leave the rest. I agree that the anti's want your guns and will stop at nothing to get them, including bending the truth to suit their purposes.
    "These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier
    and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the
    service of his country; but he that stands it now, deserves the
    love and thanks of man and woman."

-- Thomas Paine (The American Crisis, No. 1, 19 December 1776)

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    I agree as well. The Mods here are some of the most diligent I have encountered anywhere. Most anything that is harmful or negative to the forum is usually quickly removed.

And yes, we do still have free speech and the anti-gunners are going to continue their efforts to thwart the rights of law abiding gun owners no matter what any of us serve up in opposition to them.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Tally XD View Post
    Examples?
    To start with, we had one this AM about someone wanting to have a shootout to protect the police. Thats a good starter.
    They can't take your right to own a firearm. They can ask with force and you can answer any way you choose.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...do-merged.html

this thread... read some of the strange comments. I've carried for years and I'm a bit shocked by some of the stuff I read here. Maybe its just me. Oh, I realize this is a public forum... and I also realize we've got our first amendment, which... has nothing to do with a public forum.

I'm not so much worried about the antis. They're going to stay the way they are until they need to do otherwise. I'm more worried about fence sitters. I know when my wife and I decided to get armed we read a lot of info. If I'd hit this first, I would bet my wife would have disagreed to the point of veto. Its just food for thought.

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JAT40 View Post
    I agree we always need to be mindful not to give the enemy any ammo.
    The Mods on this site do a great job of weeding posts that may hurt our cause.
    If one does not vette both sides of the issue(s), how can one develop a rational, logical, and legal thought process to any debates/discussions about 2A? The anti's have plenty of ammo...I can assure you. They don't need a website forum to bolster their twisted logic...but we have lots of smart people that can help develop rebuttles to the negatism debates.

So, I say rock on. Education is a wonderful thing. If we don't, one would think we are hiding something.

Rick

Senior Moderator
    To start with, we had one this AM about someone wanting to have a shootout to protect the police. Thats a good starter.
    I don't believe that anybody in their right mind WANTS to have a shootout. It's a life or death situation that no one needs.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    I don't believe that anybody in their right mind WANTS to have a shootout. It's a life or death situation that no one needs.
    lol, my argument is we potentially have a few... that are not in their right mind.

Chad, based on the title of your post, many would think that your thoughts were counter-productive to the 2A. If the anti's see somebody participating in a gun forum thinking that other members are out of line, I would think that is much more counter-productive.

There are many of us who still believe that any restriction, even the smallest, most 'common-sense' restriction is an affront to our rights and blatantly unconstitutional.

I could just as easily say that anybody who posts that any restrictions are acceptable is an affront to our rights because an anti may see it and say, "Look, even on Defensive Carry, these guys think these regulations are reasonable."

Anything illegal is removed immediately. Anything disrespectful gets removed immediately. Everything else is pretty much fair game, and I think most of us like it that way.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links