Talk to me about last night's site crash

This is a discussion on Talk to me about last night's site crash within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I guess you got flagged Ram Rod for starting this thread. Any helicopters circling your area? Black Suburbans with tinted windows out front?...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Talk to me about last night's site crash

I guess you got flagged Ram Rod for starting this thread. Any helicopters circling your area? Black Suburbans with tinted windows out front?
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

2. Remove Ads

Tried to come up last night/early this a.m. using shortcut. got message (oops! this link appears broken..) I tried several times with no joy. That message still appears on my link but its working normaly now...johnsr

For 209.170.150.122, all I get is an apache web server test page. Other than that, the site seems to work for me.

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    I'm in southern Colorado on ComCast - had the same problems regardless of how I tried to access the site. Glad we're back.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

It was no-go here in St. Louis also.

Heck, during that off-time I actually remembered I had a wife.

DC Founder
    I still own the domain name combatcarry.com since links still reside in Google. If you enter that domain, it get's redirected here. Our server also hosts ConservativeStronghold.com so you are not going to get into either site by the IP address.

Quote Originally Posted by sublime View Post
    register.com had DNS issues last night which affected AT&T, Cox, VZW, Comcast, and Level3. (I work at an Internet provider)
    We are hosted at a Level3 data center....

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    This is what I get now:
    That screenprint references a locally saved document. Why you would bookmark that I have no clue, but if some elements don't appear when you load that, it's a local problem.

I think the problems are really related to hot in Washington....

Related to attacks, you need to understand that if this was the result of an attack, it's not likely I will give out any information (of any detail) other than possibly "it was an attack".
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

I think this is all a plot by Al Gore to regain his internet!!
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

I guess you got flagged Ram Rod for starting this thread. Any helicopters circling your area? Black Suburbans with tinted windows out front?
    No...but I had a white brand new Chevy quad cab pickup sitting in my driveway just a few minutes ago with blacked out windows. The little woman went out the back door, and I and went out the front with Mr G27 and they split.
    That screenprint references a locally saved document. Why you would bookmark that I have no clue, but if some elements don't appear when you load that, it's a local problem.
    I'm saving the complete webpage to my desktop for a shortcut just like I always do. Every time I do that, less and less of the page displays. I'm currently on my third attempt, and now there are no images or borders or lines....all text. Incomplete code? Here is the header for my recently stored shortcut as a complete webpage: !DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"
    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
    Maybe you all can tell me a bit more about this. It's viewing the page source of course. I'm no internet whiz, and I barely know enough about my computer.
    Looks like something just happened again. I hope I'm not the only one experiencing this.
    Got this on the last attempted page load: http://www.defe...te-crash-4.html
    Other sites and shortcuts are working just fine for me.

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.

Were we down

Sat AM for about 20 mins 8:30 to 9:50
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Maybe you all can tell me a bit more about this. It's viewing the page source of course. I'm no internet whiz, and I barely know enough about my computer.
    Looks like something just happened again. I hope I'm not the only one experiencing this.
    Other sites and shortcuts are working just fine for me.
    Sorry, I can't help you. The page source to this forum is built on the fly by a PHP script. It makes no sense to save a complete source page and use that for a shortcut. Any weird results you are experiencing are probably caused by using a unconventional way to connect to or access the site. Why do you not just save a conventional link to the site?
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

bladeforums.com was out for hours yesterday. I'm sure it's just a coincidence that all the sites we're saying were down are "gun/knife" related because that's what we frequent. Whatever had the glitch probably services thousands of sites and some of ours were included.
    "In God we trust, as for the rest of you... keep your hands where I can see them" - Unknown

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links