Ideas for Hunting Forum

This is a discussion on Ideas for Hunting Forum within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Maybe Animal Forum is a better title.. I list hunting right up there next to shooting as a favorite pastime of mine. I am guessing ...

Thread: Ideas for Hunting Forum

Ideas for Hunting Forum

Maybe Animal Forum is a better title..
    I list hunting right up there next to shooting as a favorite pastime of mine. I am guessing we probably don't want to add a hunting sub-forum, but I have not found any other forums that I will stick with or can put up with. I was a little surprised that there are a number of people on this forum that seem to dislike hunting, and I don't want to offend anyone..

Could we have a sub-forum that addresses animal issues? Maybe Animal defense? (dog, bear, snake, the occasional hog) Or in the alternative, can someone suggest a hunters forum that I might join that is comparable to DC?

Thanks, and keep up the good work.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

2. Remove Ads

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.

Hunting forums

are full of more fish stories and myths than I can stomach. I have not found one that I like or even bothered to post and I love the hunting. Mostly I hunt deer and I hunt during every legal season in two or three states with every legal weapon: bow, muzzle loader, shotgun, rifle or pistol. If they would open a spear season I would try that.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Maybe Animal Forum is a better title..
    I list hunting right up there next to shooting as a favorite pastime of mine. I am guessing we probably don't want to add a hunting sub-forum, but I have not found any other forums that I will stick with or can put up with. I was a little surprised that there are a number of people on this forum that seem to dislike hunting, and I don't want to offend anyone..

Could we have a sub-forum that addresses animal issues? Maybe Animal defense? (dog, bear, snake, the occasional hog) Or in the alternative, can someone suggest a hunters forum that I might join that is comparable to DC?

Thanks, and keep up the good work.
    While I very much enjoy hunting and share your surprise at how many here dislike hunting, I don't believe it fits well with our focus here. That being said, you are running up against the problem I was experiencing when I decided to start this forum. I was interested but there were no forums focused on concealed (or open carry) and I was reduced to picking information out of general gun related forums that had little information available. PDO was out there, of course, but I, personally, considered them to be a message board rather than a forum. I don't care for that particular format at all. And, it was a brutal environment.

All that being said, if you don't find one out there that meets your requirements, do what I did. Start one. It's a lot of work, but if you give it the time and effort, you can make it a success.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

The only forum I visit other than here is Gun and Game Forums

I read it regularly, mostly during hunting season, when my mind is more devoted to that topic.

I have read there quite a bit over time and it seems to be some pretty good folks. I think I posted once, but that's all. DC will always be #1 to me, but sometimes it is nice to get more into the hunting aspect, so that's where I go to do it.

Also, they don't get nearly the traffic or posting rate that we do here from what I can tell, so sometimes the threads get quite old and nothing new gets posted to certain areas.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    I too go to gunandgame.com, Shootersforum.com and Nosler. Those sits have very good hunting forums and have their share of good people with lots of knowledge about hunting and terminal bullet performance. Yes, most stories in most "hunting" sites are written by keyboard commandos who couldn't kill an ant with a can of Raid.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Senior Moderator
    Have you done a search for one that is state specific?
    I get on two of them and its a great source of info. Not only that, I actually know several of the Mods and posters there and we meet up and eat steak once in awhile.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Have you done a search for one that is state specific?
    I get on two of them and its a great source of info. Not only that, I actually know several of the Mods and posters there and we meet up and eat steak once in awhile.
    I havent but have joined gunandgame and it looks pretty good. Good suggestion, thanks.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

Links