State of the Forum

This is a discussion on State of the Forum within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I enjoy this forum very much. I spend a lot of time here and I have learned a lot from the knowledgeable posters on a ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: State of the Forum

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar

State of the Forum

I enjoy this forum very much. I spend a lot of time here and I have learned a lot from the knowledgeable posters on a variety of subjects. This is an excellent corner of the internet.

I know that Bumper has opened up advertising space to help defray the costs of operating DefensiveCarry. And, of course, the moderators are underpaid. Bumper humbly does not solicit contributions.

I was hoping we could get a financial status so as to determine whether a contribution from the members is needed and whether the operation of the forum is on sound financial footing.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    I enjoy this forum very much. I spend a lot of time here and I have learned a lot from the knowledgeable posters on a variety of subjects. This is an excellent corner of the internet.

I know that Bumper has opened up advertising space to help defray the costs of operating DefensiveCarry. And, of course, the moderators are underpaid. Bumper humbly does not solicit contributions.

I was hoping we could get a financial status so as to determine whether a contribution from the members is needed and whether the operation of the forum is on sound financial footing.
    That would be interesting?

Thumbs up

Underpaid Moderators? I thought they were all getting rich!

I agree, SD, but Bumper will probably demur, to avoid the perception that participants need to contribute?

I just noticed I went "Black" too - so I just re-upped! A great signing bonus!

My name isn't purple, anymore...I guess it's about time I fished out the debit card.

Keep on keepin' on Bumper...
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

DC Founder
    Considering the economy, we aren't doing too bad. Not as well as a year ago, but people need to look after their families and personal finances first. Nothing I'm too worried about at this point.

Interesting that the purple color changes back to black, I had not noticed that before. I'll check on that and be sure there's not something else going on....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

good Idea.

I owe a lot of my knowledge of SD to this forum

Quote Originally Posted by Kerbouchard View Post
    My name isn't purple, anymore...I guess it's about time I fished out the debit card.

Keep on keepin' on Bumper...
    Is that what the purple means?
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Last year I supported three forums. So far this year, this forum is the only one. It's the best IMO and encompasses more that the others for my interests, and since I am busy most of the time, any extra time I get is spent here and I call it home. Bet I could find a few extra bucks that would have gone somewhere else for a good cause. This site is a good cause.

Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticRick View Post
    Is that what the purple means?
    Yeah, after a year, it defaults back to black. The 'site supporter' icon is still there, just the color of the name is different. I guess it is one of the default forum options.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

Who is John Galt?

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    I looked at the donations before but I don't have a paypal account and not much desire or need to set one up. Is that the only way to contribute?

(now I'm waiting to see which one of you says, "sure, send me cash...")
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

"sure, send me cash..."

figured I would be the first

Last year, I did it through a debit card. No need to have a paypal account set up. It should still work that way, but as Bumper has said many times, he is not soliciting donations, and I doubt this thread will remain open that longer. He's modest that way...

P.S. tinkerin, How come you done stole my signature???? Not that I'm complaining...just sayin'.

Who is John Galt?

i game for contriuting memberships,sure times are tough but every little bit helps.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

VIP Member
    Mine went back to black also after a year. I want to contribute again, and will once I find work again. Been out of work since September, and except for some part time at Bass Pro Shop over the holidays no luck in the job department. Flipping burgers at McDonald's is starting to look like an option!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerinWstuff View Post
    I looked at the donations before but I don't have a paypal account and not much desire or need to set one up. Is that the only way to contribute?

(now I'm waiting to see which one of you says, "sure, send me cash...")
    Send Bumper a PM and he will provide info on the other ways to contribute.

I don't necessarily suggest that everyone do this, but it works for me. My bank offers a service where they will send a check to anyone I choose. I can set it up anyway I want, so I have them send Bumper a check each month. I can't contribute as much as I would like, but because it comes out every month I can give more than I could if I tried to do it in a lump sum. And for the color conscious it keeps your name purple (except for admins & moderators).
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by dr_cmg View Post
    And for the color conscious it keeps your name purple (except for admins & moderators).
    I was kidding about the color thing...after all, who really wants to be purple???

Who is John Galt?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links