LOL I was having withdrawls!

This is a discussion on LOL I was having withdrawls! within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; The site was down for some time eh? Ouch that hurt....

Thread: LOL I was having withdrawls!

The site was down for some time eh? Ouch that hurt.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

1943 - 2009
    The site was down for maintenance.

It's a daily occurrence.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
    The site was down for maintenance.

It's a daily occurrence.
    That was a long occurrence LOL
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

I was really going through withdrawals this morning, glad I'm not the only one. I woke up at 6 for coffee and my first read of the forum and I was so dissapointed that it wasn't up and running.
    Wreck'em Tech! Go Red Raiders!

I have the Signess!

Sig Sauer P225 Montage Suisse / Sig Sauer P238 / Sig Sauer P226 9mm CPO / S&W M&P9c

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Texan29 View Post
    I was really going through withdrawals this morning, glad I'm not the only one. I woke up at 6 for coffee and my first read of the forum and I was so dissapointed that it wasn't up and running.
    Same here. I thought it was my 'puter or my ISP, it couldn't be that DC was down. I had flashbacks to when packing.org went down for the count.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

DC Founder
    As we continue to grow the backups will continue to get longer and longer. I guess it's the price we have to pay. I'll check the time and see if we should push it back an hour since DST started....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Its all good... We appreciate the forum you've provided Sir Bumper!
    New tunes added.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by AllAmerican View Post
    Its all good... We appreciate the forum you've provided Sir Bumper!
    You're welcome!
    Bumper

VIP Member
    I too was having a hard time, however, this is the ONE site that's worth the wait! Thanks Bumper
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Ok you guys need a plan

I'm absolutely a newbie here and don't even know if I should be saying this. I'm not new to owning but I'll be new to carrying once my CWP ges here. That said, you guys provide a HUGE resource for me. I'm trying to spend the wait time getting boned up on different scenarios to watch out for, actions for different contingencies, holsters and styles of carry, how to carry in states i travel to/through, etc.......you guys get the idea.

If this maintenance is gonna be a daily thing, can I get either someone from staff or a really knowledgeable member to either come visit me during maintenance or just be standing by with an open phone connection?
    NRA member
    GrassRoots GunRights SC member
    Walther PPS .40 / KelTec P3AT

Any chance you could bump it back earlier in the morning Bumper?

I wake up at 5:30 am Central everyday and when I log into the forum as soon as I wake up. Most days, the site doesn't come back from maintenance until around 6. Is this the time the forum has the least visitors. I would think it would be more convenient for most members earlier in the morning say 2 or 3 am.

Just a thought, as far as I know you start the maintenance at 3 am and it takes to almost 6 am. I just know I sure enjoy the forum and go through withdrawals when its not available. Keep up the good work!
    Wreck'em Tech! Go Red Raiders!

I have the Signess!

Sig Sauer P225 Montage Suisse / Sig Sauer P238 / Sig Sauer P226 9mm CPO / S&W M&P9c

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sigmanluke View Post
    I too was having a hard time, however, this is the ONE site that's worth the wait! Thanks Bumper
    what he said
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Like clockwork...6 A.M. (EST) every morning for about 20-25 minutes...usually NOT during the day.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

DC Founder
    Yeah, the backups run for about 25-30 minutes. The problem I am having trying to figure out the time is that I generally run forum maintenance, late at night before the backups run. My maintenance slows things down a bit but the backups generally grind things to a halt. If I push it back too far for the east coast people, the west coast people start having issues when it's really not late at all. A balancing act for sure, but necessary to prevent losing the forum because of a hack or corruption of some kind. We have so much traffic now that losing even a days worth of posting would mess things up pretty good...
    Bumper

Sponsored Links