Question About E-Mail Subscription

This is a discussion on Question About E-Mail Subscription within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; When I get emails of threads I subscribe to, the bottom of the email has a notice that reads: "There may also be other replies, ...

Thread: Question About E-Mail Subscription

When I get emails of threads I subscribe to, the bottom of the email has a notice that reads:

"There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again."

Is this just for the current subscribed thread, all ALL subscribed threads?

Also, is this done by design? Is there a way to turn it off so I keep getting subscribed emails if I don't visit the forum? Very often I'm on the road for a day and I like keeping up with threads via email on my Blackberry. If they stop coming in because of this, I have to wait until I get home to log into the forum.

Just curious. Thanks!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

DC Founder
    I don't believe that is a setting that I have control of. I think the purpose of it is to just notify you that there was a new post in the subscribed thread. If 100 people responded, I don't think you would probably want the software to spam you with notices when one would suffice.....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    I don't believe that is a setting that I have control of. I think the purpose of it is to just notify you that there was a new post in the subscribed thread. If 100 people responded, I don't think you would probably want the software to spam you with notices when one would suffice.....
    But along with the email, is the actual reply, so I can read the thread in the Blackberry as I travel! I don't mind the emails.

BTW, are you calling the threads SPAM?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInNY View Post
    BTW, are you calling the threads SPAM?
    Nope, I was saying the email from the forum script could be considered spam if it sent an email for each post....
    Bumper

Nope, I was saying the email from the forum script could be considered spam if it sent an email for each post....
    I was kidding about the spam. But if there were any way to have the emails keep coming out regardless of visiting the site, that would be neat.
    -- Benjamin Franklin

DC Founder
    Go to the User Control Panel and set "Default Thread Subscription Mode" to "Instant" and see if that does it....
    Bumper

Go to the User Control Panel and set "Default Thread Subscription Mode" to "Instant" and see if that does it....
    That's where I've had it set since I joined the forum! I do get an instant reponse, but then nothing until I "visit" again.
    -- Benjamin Franklin

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInNY View Post
    That's where I've had it set since I joined the forum! I do get an instant reponse, but then nothing until I "visit" again.
    That is, from what I have been able to see, the maximum notification that can ge received out of the script....
    Bumper

Sponsored Links