Closing threads

This is a discussion on Closing threads within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Sometimes I REALLY glad to see them close a thread. For the most part this is a great friendly forum but sometimes it's sooo argumentative. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Closing threads

Sometimes I REALLY glad to see them close a thread. For the most part this is a great friendly forum but sometimes it's sooo argumentative. Especially when you start to see that someone is having "newbies" come on to the forum to keep up the post. It's just so obvious sometime. OMHO
    2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

2. Remove Ads

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by grandma4 View Post
    Especially when you start to see that someone is having "newbies" come on to the forum to keep up the post. It's just so obvious sometime. OMHO
    You hit it right on the head. And, when everyone doesn't completely agree with them they go back to the forum they came from and start bad mouthing our members. It doesn't take much to see that the purpose of some of the threads started here by new members are meant, primarily, to gain traffic to a website, a product or even a video....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Bumper, would you be drawing reference to "Packing.Org" as one of those other forums??
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by edr9x23super View Post
    Bumper, would you be drawing reference to "Packing.Org" as one of those other forums??
    No.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Quote Originally Posted by edr9x23super View Post
    I haven't visited it in years...I thought it died years ago...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

All of the reasons stated are very reasonable. I wasn't really speaking to those reasons. My comments were more inline with folks that don't want to hear or read something and think they should stop others from hearing it too. My question is why people can't just refuse to take part or read a topic they don't want to hear about?

Its like some of the threads on here are train wrecks. Folks just can't pass them by without looking. Then they complain that they are there.

Michael

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links