What I like about combatcarry.com - Page 2

What I like about combatcarry.com

This is a discussion on What I like about combatcarry.com within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; The hefty & substantial Lead Moderator Salary Increase was a great incentive for me to stick around....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Administrator

Talking I'm Just Here For The Money

The hefty & substantial Lead Moderator Salary Increase was a great incentive for me to stick around.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    I just hang out to laff at the pic of chris in the socks and shorts LOL

Assistant Administrator
    OK RR - at least I don't charge for it yet

<mutter - the cruelty of free laffs>
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Well I know I'm beating a dead horse here but...
    I've been here just a short while. I am amazed at how friendly and civil everyone is here. I've grown so accustomed to rude behavior on gun sites that I thought that is just the way it is/was.
    To the Administrators: Thank you. Great job. Please don't let this place change too much.

To my fellow members: Thank you for making this site soooo enjoyable.
    Ask not what your country can do for you....

Senior Moderator
    The main reason that I frequent this board is NOT for the knowledge or the discussions or the opinions of others. Its NOT for different views or even the exellent discussions of the good and the bad of various weapons or the exellent pictures that I occasionaly "lift" and use elsewhere. It has nothing to do with the "maturity level" or anything like that,nor does it have anything to do with the links, references or otherwise great resources that I sometimes use.

The reason that I have several hundred posts is because of all of the neat little smilies and such that I can put at the beggining,middle or end of my posts !!!

:

Administrator

Thumbs up Hummmmmm...Why Do I Really Like It Here???

Seriously, the reason that I am here is because Good Ol' Bumper has created a truly unique area that is like an oasis of decency & normalcy the Internet.
    He also supports & trusts his moderators to the umpteenth degree.
    Credit to him for being the ultimate Administrator.
    There could be no better "BOSS" ~ that I could imagine.

CombatCarry.com is a fantastic intermingling of critical, helpful, firearm & carry related information and friendly casualness.
    All members have an equal right to share their opinions - no matter if they are brand new "Newbies" or seasoned forum veterans. They can express those thoughts and opinions and ask questions without getting flamed or blasted.
    Plus...Folks here are pretty much 100% respectful of others and this place runs so smoothly due to that fact. It's a pleasure to moderate here.
    It's a good place to be.
    We have members here that would not even consider registering on any other firearm forum but, they tried CombatCarry and they stayed here.
    And to our forum Holster Makers and Seasoned Shooters & Firearm Instructors who share all of their knowledge & experiance...you ARE the absolute best.

So many people here in the U.S. are brand new to Firearm Ownership & Concealed Carry and they are really getting the entry level help that they need here...Thanks to you guys & (Betty who is not a guy) ~~~ as many have noticed.
    Even though the following will sound "canned" it really isn't but, it IS the conglomeration of a rare breed of amazing people that keep me here.
    That would be in addition to P95Carrys Sandals & Socks.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Senior Moderator
    That would be in addition to P95Carrys Sandals & Socks.

Assistant Administrator
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    Most of the things I like best about CombatCarry have already been mentioned, but I would like to expand on one. Maturity! Man is this important. I love it that people here are mature enough to express an opinion and accept the fact that not everyone is going to agree. In fact most may not agree, but most everyone else will respect their opinion. There are still a few who can seem to understand that there are good guns in a caliber other than .45 and that not everyone has to have one with a "prancing pony." And they know who they are

I believe that there are a couple of specific things that encourage us to be mature. 1) Most of the members here don't take themselves too seriously. We poke a little fun at others, accept the fun that is poked at us, and even occasionally poke a little fun at ourselves. 2) The maturity level of the members reflects the maturity level of the leadership. Our moderators use gentle and humorous ways (when possible) to inform us of errors - like highjacking a thread (Thanks again, Chris), to remind us of the fact that we are expected to be polite, etc. They bend over backwards to help people who just don't seem to be able to discuss things without personal attacks. And if they cannot rescue a member they finally as a last resort utilize banning. Having been on other forums not just gun forums and seen many times how things should not be done it is a great joy to be on one that is doing it right.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

The reason I like this site so well? That's really simple. Helpful information presented respectfully along with a comraderie of sorts- not ignorant bad attitudes intended to belittle found within some other sites... in other words, I just feel comfortable here.
    "Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice; ammo is cheap, life is expensive."

Senior Member Array Joshua M. Smith's Avatar
    I am enjoying the polite atmosphere and knowledgeable people. It's one of the best out there.

Josh <><

VIP Member
    Excellent topics discussed by people of varying experiences with complete courtesy and respect for one another.

I thank the admin staff for managing this wonderful site.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

OK to be specific - besides the stuff mentioned already about awesome people, lack of pretense (which I agree with 100%)

My favorite parts are the answers to "stoopid questions" which are never stupid and usually something I never thought about, AND the scenario questions - "What would you do???"
    Live Free or Die

This is a place where one can get information from very knowledgeable people who give their honest opinions without being rude. The friendliest forum by far, no flaming. Very professional forum but still relaxed and I'm suprised to fine so many normal people congregating in one place on the web.

Thumbs up

The range reports & different viewpoints.
    NRA Instructor/RSO/Coach/Recruiter
    www.mallardspring.com
    Fenix, Olight, Nitecore, AMK, Leatherman, Condor, Maxpedition
    Forum Member 8% Discount code dccwms8

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links