What I like about combatcarry.com

This is a discussion on What I like about combatcarry.com within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; What's your favorite thing about this site, OR what makes you come/stay here????...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What I like about combatcarry.com

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar

What I like about combatcarry.com

What's your favorite thing about this site, OR what makes you come/stay here????
    Last edited by jarhead79; June 17th, 2006 at 12:46 PM.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    Good people , trading thoughts, stories and ideas in a friendly setting. I don't find the same on other sites.
    Hats off to Bumper and all the folks keeping this site a great place.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

DC Founder
    What I like about the site is what makes the forum what it is, the members.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Great folks here: Positive, helpful, thoughtful, creative...the list goes on! The Administrators and Modererators are

It's the mature, thoughtful environment created - conducive to reflection and learning in a postive manner!

Thanks folks!

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    I forgot to post on my own post..

I like the collective knowledge base. I like that I can get opinions from different sides of controversial issues. I like that we have a diverse crowd that includes literally all types of people (excluding sheeple).

The one main thing that hooked me from the get go, was the fact that I can post a question and have 5 answers usually within a few minutes.

You guys rock.!!!!
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

i like the info/opinions that are available. all you have to do is just ask.
    another plus is that you can kid around a little and express your own opinion without getting flamebroiled to extra well done.

1951 - 2011
    Hello. What Rocky and the others said.

Best.

I agree with all of the above reasons. It's like being at the coffeshop with your buddies shootin the bull, without having to leave home.

I can go to most of the other forums and before I know it, I'm all upthight about something, just due to the attitudes found there.

CombatCarry.com is a great place to hang out at. You can even get one of these here and my blood pressure stays the same.
    Charlie - 40FIVER

Why I carry:
    "The heart is deceitul above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
    Jeremiah 17:9

I agree with all said above plus how new members are made to feel welcome from day one. Intelligent, thoughtful people who treat other members with respect, even when we respectfully disagree. Kind of an internet version of "Cheers".

Edited to add: Excellent Administrator and Moderators, also! A salute to you all!
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

Assistant Administrator
    It's like being at the coffeshop with your buddies shootin the bull, without having to leave home.
    40Fiver - that is indeed I think a big part of it all. A relaxed chat atmosphere with room for humor and funning. Most know that Bumper has pretty tight objectives and respect that, so really us mod's do not often have too much to do - and that is a reflection on the overall high class of members we enjoy.

Not only is opinion freely given - but most of the time we can politely agree to disagree - at least without flamefests and that is what separates us from some other places. Courtesy costs nothing - and makes for a simpler, less stressed ''round the table'' feel to things.

It is a pleasure to be able to interact with a good bunch of folks.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    Lots to like here...many diverse opinions, a wide variety of experiences, yet we all have the same goal: learning about and sharing self defense options and strategies.

First hand equipment reviews, serious discussions on tactics, and not so serious fun on the "off topic/humor" forum.

Lots of good, friendly people, with a large data base of concealed carry experience and advice.

Yep, I like it here!
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

I got tired of the stuffiness from the other two main boards on the net at the moment. I needed some place that I could relax and not always be worried about being banned or holding my tongue when something happens in my life that I wish to share (good or bad). I am a talker, I share my life with anyone and everone, and I also realized something, Guns (Firearms) aren't the only thing in life and to be held to a firm Firearms ONLY chat just got boring and stupid (as to how far they went to lock threads).

I love to interact, even if it's just cyber, with fellow firearm owners but I like to get to know them outside of firearms and the stupid xx vs xx vs xx caliber wars.

And since I've been here, I haven't heard a dang thing concerning roads. Thank goodness! I'm sick of "roads". It's not going to help or hinder one way or the other when it comes to the anti's so it's not worth it to even try to fool anyone by using the term.

I can feel like myself here, and be less guarded about trying to please everyone when I know dang well that I can't and then worry about it after posting or replying.

(at least I hope that I'm right on this , if not, please PM me and I'll be good, I promise that I will).

Reminds me of a sad cyber tale that I was active when it occured. A great member of another board, so full of knowledge, could give a smile to those having a bad day, etc.. was banned. A very senior member of that board. They invoked that stupid "banned for life" idiotsy and he went away. He was killed in a house fire. So much knowledge went away from the banned date till he died, knowledge that every newbie and even us older folks could have used. But due to idiot intolerance rules, that knowledge died, literally. I felt then, as I do now, that the gun community, due to it's intolerance rules (the same as the rules as guns in schools, etc..) destroyed us the ability to grow even more and to really rally around the Cause. Sometimes the gun community can be it's own worse enemy, especially when they adopt the same intolerances as those we fight against.

Wayne

*If this post is out of bounds, please delete, was just trying to bestow over 10+ years of what I see on the boards, then and now.

Real friendly people
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

1952 - 2006
    What is to delete Wayne?

A logical, cogent opinion is never to be dismissed.

I, too like the people here. As another thread said some time ago, "The Maturity Level". That's what keeps me here.

That 'maturity level' is the direct result of the members. You guys make the moderators job easy.

Thank you one and all.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

So wayne how about taking the High road, low road some old side road ...

Sorry i had to i think lack of sleep is starting to catch up

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links