Off-Topic forum not searchable...?

This is a discussion on Off-Topic forum not searchable...? within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I was looking for an old post of mine and a search with words I am certain I used turns up no results... Is that ...

Thread: Off-Topic forum not searchable...?

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar

I was looking for an old post of mine and a search with words I am certain I used turns up no results...

Is that a function of "off-topic" forum posts not counting in your rank...?
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

DC Founder
    Off topic posts are not indexed into the search engine. It's not really a function of off topic posts not counting towards rank, rather more of speeding up the forum and reducing the size of the search indexes. If I were to have to rebuild the search index right now, the site would be down for 8-10 hours from on topic posts. Including that forum would push it closer to 21 hours....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

VIP Member
    If your post was within your last 200 you can use the User CP button in the blue band at the top of the page. When you get there click on Your Profile and then on the Statistics tab. If you click on Find all posts by PointnClick you will see not "all" your posts, but the last 200. You can probably scan and find the one you want in a matter of minutes.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    Good tip, Doctor...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

Links