Suggestion/question

This is a discussion on Suggestion/question within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Do you think it's a good/bad idea to give CC license threads their own subforum? Lately it seems that over half of the threads started ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion/question

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar

Suggestion/question

Do you think it's a good/bad idea to give CC license threads their own subforum? Lately it seems that over half of the threads started in CC Issues and Discussions are some form of I just applied for, I'm still waiting for, or I just received my CC license.

Or is there a way to filter these out from my viewer so that I can find the information threads that are buried in there?
    64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by morintp View Post
    Do you think it's a good/bad idea to give CC license threads their own subforum? Lately it seems that over half of the threads started in CC Issues and Discussions are some form of I just applied for, I'm still waiting for, or I just received my CC license.

Or is there a way to filter these out from my viewer so that I can find the information threads that are buried in there?

Perhaps you could start your own webpage and keep out the undesireables.

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieNWillis View Post
    Perhaps you could start your own webpage and keep out the undesireables.
    I was wondering what elicited this response until I went and counted your 9-10 individual threads all about your CHL wait time. Maybe you could start your own webpage just to keep us all informed of your struggles.

I was wondering what elicited this response until I went and counted your 9-10 individual threads all about your CHL wait time. Maybe you could start your own webpage just to keep us all informed of your struggles.

Ouch.... Or is it,... Baahhhhhhahahahahahhahahah

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar

I really appreciate your concern over my long awaited (over due) CHL. Believe me, I'll also be glad when I can post threads that dont pertain to my "struggles". BTW, it's 120 days now and no plastic. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to express my unhappiness with the crappy wait time and my longing to be one of the privlaged CHL people.

Ernie I wasn't singling you out, you were just the one that responded. I also don't want to do away with the I got my CHL and I'm still waiting for my CHL threads. I just thought it might be more convenient if they were separated out from the Concealed Carry Issues and Discussion section. There is a lot of great information posted in that area that gets lost due to the number of "license" threads.

Please look at it this way. You've already started 9-10 threads just about your license. That might be some sort of record. Others usually start 2-3 threads on their license, sometimes more. Some people even get licenses from multiple states and post threads about those. IMO, there is a large volume of these specific threads, so maybe having their own area will keep things neater.

I'm sorry you took offense, and I'm really sorry you've waited so long for your CHL.

1943 - 2009
    Bumper would make the decision about adding any new sub-forums. At this point, it's the staff's consensus that we have enough already. We don't want to reach the point of saturation where the forum would become unwieldy and hard to manage.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Administrator
    No new sub forums please. The easy navigation of this site has already become much more cluttered and on the brink of being to much.

As for the threads about waiting for a new license, personally, I don't give a hoot about your wait. Sorry, but I just don't. So, I don't read such threads. It does get annoying when people make multiple threads about going to their mailbox and returning with nothing but junk mail. It does nothing but bury the worthwhile threads under a sea of garbage that nobody really cares about anyway, so kindly stop doing such things. One thread is fine, but any more than that is annoying.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    No new sub forums please. The easy navigation of this site has already become much more cluttered and on the brink of being to much.

As for the threads about waiting for a new license, personally, I don't give a hoot about your wait. Sorry, but I just don't. So, I don't read such threads. It does get annoying when people make multiple threads about going to their mailbox and returning with nothing but junk mail. It does nothing but bury the worthwhile threads under a sea of garbage that nobody really cares about anyway, so kindly stop doing such things. One thread is fine, but any more than that is annoying.

Very nicely said,. I agree with this post...

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post

Nice point Sixto.

I'm going to be applying for my second renewal in just 3 more years...

No more sub-forums...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I thought that having a sub forum inside the Concealed Carry Issues and Discussions forum would clear it up so that the threads that most of us enjoy aren't hidden behind all of the "It's been 58 days and no CHL" threads. I was thinking something similar to the Reloading sub forum inside Ammunition and Ballistics forum. I didn't think it would clutter things up too much not being a main forum listed on the front page.

I also didn't realize that so many people were getting sick of all of those threads too so I was trying to come up with a way that would allow people to post as many license threads as they wanted without filling up the concealed carry forum like it does some days now.

Administrator
    I like the idea of making something similar to the reloading thread, but I really don't see it being used the way you intend it to be. Most of those types are threads are made by people new to the site, and if its somewhat hidden they won't see it and there thread wont make it there. The reloading section is something you either have to look for, or already know its there. A new guy probably skims right on past it.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Well, I was going to ask if you could start a right handed Glock shooter with left eye dominant forum to handle all the support issues I know that some people must be going through. No one in particular of course.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

DC Founder
    Sorry, but I'm not of the opinion that we need more forums/subforums at this point, especially to specifically contain threads that some people would rather not have to read. Just breeze on by them. If people really are not interested, nobody will post to it and it will move off the first page in short order. At least you guys don't have to read every post in every thread like staff does....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links