Great On the Eyes!

This is a discussion on Great On the Eyes! within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Originally Posted by Bumper Thanks, I'm still playing around with the design, I just thought it was time for a little change. Sort of like ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Great On the Eyes!

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    Thanks, I'm still playing around with the design, I just thought it was time for a little change. Sort of like getting new carpet.....
    As long as the carpet and drapes match.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Works for me, the blue matches my old eyes.

VIP Member
    I really like the blue... no problems with the resolution here...keep it!!!
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

yea, I like this blue. Much easier on the eyes
    Sean
    XD 9SC | XD 45ACP Service | XD 45ACP Compact |Borealis
    "You may know where you are. God may know where you are. If you don't tell your dispatcher where you are, you'd better be on speaking terms with God!"

Just noticed the new header...that's pretty cool, too!
    Bumper, was your wife on your back to 'change the furniture' around?

Anyway...I like things just the way they are...nice work!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Just noticed the new header...that's pretty cool, too!
    Bumper, was your wife on your back to 'change the furniture' around?
    Thanks, I liked the old header but wanted a little larger graphic that stood out a bit better. So I took the old one and put it inside the new one.

I'm still working on the design and probably will over the next few days until I get something that strikes me as being just right. I reduced the blue a little bit so the blue navigation bar stands out again....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

I like it too. FWIW, I have no issues with the width. No scroll bar on my notebook, running Windows Vista and IE8.
    NRA member
    GrassRoots GunRights SC member
    Walther PPS .40 / KelTec P3AT

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    The banner looks good Bumper. Subtle enough change to breathe some new life without changing the whole identity.
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

I'm lovin' the grey you added back in. I think it gives a good outline for the content and makes it easy to read. Though I may be biased as the color scheme is 95% identical to my website.
    "In God we trust, as for the rest of you... keep your hands where I can see them" - Unknown

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by smotta View Post
    I'm lovin' the grey you added back in. I think it gives a good outline for the content and makes it easy to read. Though I may be biased as the color scheme is 95% identical to my website.
    There are just so many colors that "work" together in a website fpr me. I have borrowed heavily from here for the other forum and now am reversing it somewhat....
    Bumper

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    Looks real good Bumper! I really like the blue back ground.

Only one minor complaint though, as someone else said, now the page runs way off to the right on my monitor and I actually have a wide aspect ratio monitor. I am using Firefox so maybe that has something to do with it?

I just noticed that it's only the main page with the different sub forums listed. When I go to a sub forum, like the Open Carry sub forum or the concealed carry sub forum or off topic sub forum, the page is fine, and if I am actually in a thread, it's fine. The page only runs off to the right where the new stuff down the left side is displayed.
    I'm having the same problem here on the initial signin page and the forum page. Once I go to a forum, I'm back to normal.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

I use a Mac with Safari. I am also having problems with the main screen going off the right side of the page. i would rather have the boxes that are on the left side with my user info on the right so I wouldn't have to scroll, if that would make the difference. I tried Firefox and get the same result.

Once I click on a thread, the view is fine, no scrolling needed.

Thanks for trying to improve the site!

Quote Originally Posted by PrimalScream View Post
    I use a Mac with Safari. I am also having problems with the main screen going off the right side of the page. i would rather have the boxes that are on the left side with my user info on the right so I wouldn't have to scroll, if that would make the difference. I tried Firefox and get the same result.

excellent idea
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

DC Founder
    Have you tried bumping the resolution up a bit. It doesn't take much to stop the scrolling and, really, with today's content it is usually more graphically appealing to have a somewhat higher resolution....
    Bumper

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalScream View Post

Try this, close the "Top 5 Stats (* - in the last 30 days)" sub-window on the main page of the forum. You do this by clicking on the little "-" (minus) sign in the upper right corner. It will turn into a plus sign, in fact you can do this for any of the sub-windows on the main page. But it's the top 5 stats sub-window that takes the forum off to the right.

If you keep cookies on your machine, the saved state of your forum sub-windows (open or closed) will be kept between sessions. Otherwise if you toss your cookies (okay, that sounded gross) like I do you'll have to reset all your main page sub-windows.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links