Great On the Eyes! - Page 4

Great On the Eyes!

This is a discussion on Great On the Eyes! within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Originally Posted by PrimalScream I use a Mac with Safari. I am also having problems with the main screen going off the right side of ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Great On the Eyes!

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalScream View Post
    I use a Mac with Safari. I am also having problems with the main screen going off the right side of the page. i would rather have the boxes that are on the left side with my user info on the right so I wouldn't have to scroll, if that would make the difference. I tried Firefox and get the same result.

Once I click on a thread, the view is fine, no scrolling needed.

Thanks for trying to improve the site!
    See if that helps. If the consensus is that it does, I'll leave it on the right side instead for those of you with low resolution.....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Thank you for the suggestions.

My monitor resolution is set at the highest it can be.... 1680x1050. It's a ViewSonic, used with a MacMini.

I tried closing the statistics box.. you do mean closing the one at the bottom of the main window, correct? I closed it, logged out, went to another site, came back, and the statistics box at the bottom was still "shut" but the boxes along the right are still showing when I scroll.

It's working better for me with the boxes on the right. I understand, though, if they need to go back on the left to please the most people. It only effects the main page, so it's not that much hassle.

Oh --- it is better on my iPhone with them on the right also.

Thanks again!!!

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar

My monitor resolution is set at the highest it can be.... 1680x1050. It's a ViewSonic, used with a MacMini.

I tried closing the statistics box.. you do mean closing the one at the bottom of the main window, correct?
    Yes, that is correct.

....I closed it, logged out, went to another site, came back, and the statistics box at the bottom was still "shut" but the boxes along the right are still showing when I scroll.
    That shows that your cookies are being preserved between sessions.

DC Founder

I tried closing the statistics box.. you do mean closing the one at the bottom of the main window, correct? I closed it, logged out, went to another site, came back, and the statistics box at the bottom was still "shut" but the boxes along the right are still showing when I scroll.

It's working better for me with the boxes on the right. I understand, though, if they need to go back on the left to please the most people. It only effects the main page, so it's not that much hassle.

Oh --- it is better on my iPhone with them on the right also.

Thanks again!!!
    If your resolution is 1680x1050 I don't see any way that you could have a horizontal scroll bar unless you have the window sized way down. How about a full screen screenshot...
    Bumper

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    If your resolution is 1680x1050 I don't see any way that you could have a horizontal scroll bar unless you have the window sized way down. How about a full screen screenshot...
    I didn't think about his resolution. Mine's 1280x1024 on a 19" monitor and I just roll off the right a bit with the window sized down to show my desktop icons on the left.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by highvoltage View Post
    I didn't think about his resolution. Mine's 1280x1024 on a 19" monitor and I just roll off the right a bit with the window sized down to show my desktop icons on the left.
    Must be my wide aspect flatscreen. I turned it down to 1280x1024 and can size the window down to 3" from the left side and still not have a horizontal scroll....
    Bumper

-Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    Must be my wide aspect flatscreen. I turned it down to 1280x1024 and can size the window down to 3" from the left side and still not have a horizontal scroll....
    Hmm, must be. I have a standard 19" that IT gave me (Acer AL1912). I've tried different resolutions and 1280x1024 puts my desktop centered in the monitor. I have a small column of icons on the left side, which leaves the rest of the monitor for windows.

Actually I'm quite used to the screen width. If I close some of the boxes on the DC main page everything fits nicely.

Thanks for the new background, looks good.

Administrator
    What a disappointment. I read the title and thought this thread was about me.
    "Just blame Sixto"

for anyone having a problem w/the width, if you download the browser opera then click view on the tool bar then click on fit to width it will fix it.

i keep opera on my desktop in case i ever have a problem w/Firefox which is rare. opera is an excellent browser though.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.”
    ― Thomas Paine

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links