Great On the Eyes!

Great On the Eyes!

This is a discussion on Great On the Eyes! within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I think Bumper has come up with a very pleasant background color that is pleasing to the eyes. The new user info and forum stats ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Great On the Eyes!

I think Bumper has come up with a very pleasant background color that is pleasing to the eyes.
    The new user info and forum stats are a nice touch, too.
    Very nice!
    Last edited by RETSUPT99; July 29th, 2009 at 12:08 AM.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

So, is the background supposed to be blue? I thought my computer was just acting goofy.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Administrator
    I'm feeling a little bit blue right now and for some odd reason.

I was just checking around to see if I somehow changed something...Guess it's not me!
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeLCPL View Post
    So, is the background supposed to be blue? I thought my computer was just acting goofy.
    Me too
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Looks great! Now I need a wider monitor. The main page now runs way off to the right and gives me a scroll bar
    “I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.”
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

DC Founder
    Thanks, I'm still playing around with the design, I just thought it was time for a little change. Sort of like getting new carpet.

The colors will continue to change over the next few days until we settle on something that is attractive to a first time visitor and easy on the eyes when reading threads. I'm going to do a redesign of the forum header graphic, as well so if you see our graphic changing up there don't be surprised. You can let me know if there's something you really do or don't like.

The new left column is something I needed to do to add the "pay per click" links on the side which will, hopefully, help our financial position. Every time you take one of those links it helps us out. I will also be adding an affiliate link for our members to renew, upgrade or join for the first time. While some people don't like every stand the NRA takes, they have done more for our cause than anyone else and deserve our support. Eventually, other things will pop up over there, but that's it for now.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    Looks good, Bumper...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

Looks real good Bumper! I really like the blue back ground.

Only one minor complaint though, as someone else said, now the page runs way off to the right on my monitor and I actually have a wide aspect ratio monitor. I am using Firefox so maybe that has something to do with it?

I just noticed that it's only the main page with the different sub forums listed. When I go to a sub forum, like the Open Carry sub forum or the concealed carry sub forum or off topic sub forum, the page is fine, and if I am actually in a thread, it's fine. The page only runs off to the right where the new stuff down the left side is displayed.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    Only one minor complaint though, as someone else said, now the page runs way off to the right on my monitor and I actually have a wide aspect ratio monitor. I am using Firefox so maybe that has something to do with it?
    What resolution are you using? I am running 1680x1050 on a wide aspect flat monitor and I can narrow the browser (Firefox) down to half the width of the screen without causing a horizontal scroll situation....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Now it doesn't all fit on my screen and now have a scroll bar, which I don't like. Go back to the same size screen you had before.
    Bob
    Its always a great day, if you don't believe me try missing one.
    NRA, TFA, IDPA, 3 Gun

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    What resolution are you using? I am running 1680x1050 on a wide aspect flat monitor and I can narrow the browser (Firefox) down to half the width of the screen without causing a horizontal scroll situation....
    I have been having computer issues lately and when I logged on, I saw the different background and I was thinking "Great, now what...sheesh what else can go wrong"

I'm glad I found this post

How does one go about resizing there screen??????
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

Go away for a few days, and everything changes! Looks good Bumper!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Looks good, but I spent way too much time trying to figure out if it was just me!

But then, I've been known to take a couple of days to notice my wife's new hair style too.......
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

VIP Member

Blue??

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeLCPL View Post
    Blue??

Maybe my screen is acting goofy. But easy on the eyes, in any case.

FWISW, I rather have less content on a screen (left to right) than have to use the left to right scroll bar.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links