Forum getting very slow to load - Page 2

Forum getting very slow to load

This is a discussion on Forum getting very slow to load within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; MAC here... Macbook Pro and Mac Pro - Never a problem....with anything!...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forum getting very slow to load

MAC here... Macbook Pro and Mac Pro - Never a problem....with anything!
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    Me too... you will never sell me on an OS that doesn't come with a disk. My Dad was having problems with his PeeCee laptop and asked me to help... like I know anything about XP... anyway, I said, "you might want to back everything up and reinstall Windows... where is your disk?"

Apparently didn't come with a system software disk... then he told me some idiocy about only having 5 re-installs and having to call Microsoft...

Huh...?
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

Quote Originally Posted by YourSon View Post
    You mean a 15 megabit (mb) cable connection, 3.15 Gigahertz (Ghz) processor and i take it you have 4 Gigabytes (Gb) of RAM, but the 32bit version of windows can only recognize 3.15 Gigabytes of it.

(sorry to be anal, just clearing it up)

It seems your computer, as long as Virus/Spyware scans come up empty, isn't the problem.

Is there perhaps somebody else using your internet connection? Maybe a kid online with his Xbox or downloading music or movies or something?

If that's not the case either than the website server is probably to blame.
    It isn't a prob w/ his connection, this is slower to load than a lot of others. No biggy, it is just popular. It happens to all popular sites.

For you Windowers, check out TCPOptimizer

Slide the rule to your advertised download speed, then hit the Optimized Settings button on the lower right. Save, then reboot and enjoy.

Free and effective. It made a BIG difference on my XP machine.
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

Actually I have noticed that sometimes the system is fast and sometimes real sluggish, I think it is just server traffic issues....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rforgy View Post
    ..4 meg of memory....
    I hope you meant 4 Gig. Otherwise that might be your problem!

I've noticed it being slow today, but yesterday it was as fast as any other website I brought up. So, as others have said, it's traffic related, but those with slow machines will notice it more.

For the nit pickers, yes I miss typed and it is still slow.

Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)

Processor a Main Circuit Board b
    3.15 gigahertz Intel Core2 Duo
    64 kilobyte primary memory cache
    6144 kilobyte secondary memory cache Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5N-E SLI 1.XX
    Bus Clock: 333 megahertz
    BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD ASUS P5N-E SLI ACPI BIOS Revision 0901 02/01/2008
    Drives Memory Modules c,d
    700.14 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
    627.82 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

3584 Megabytes Installed Memory

Slot 'DIMM_A1' has 1024 MB
    Slot 'DIMM_A2' has 1024 MB
    Slot 'DIMM_B1' has 1024 MB
    Slot 'DIMM_B2' has 1024 MB
    Local Drive Volumes

c: (NTFS on drive 1) 500.10 GB 445.25 GB free
    d: (NTFS on drive 0) 200.05 GB 182.57 GB free

Roy
    Dacono, CO
    CCW
    USAF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by rforgy View Post
    For the nit pickers, yes I miss typed and it is still slow.

Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)

Processor a Main Circuit Board b
    3.15 gigahertz Intel Core2 Duo
    64 kilobyte primary memory cache
    6144 kilobyte secondary memory cache Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5N-E SLI 1.XX
    Bus Clock: 333 megahertz
    BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD ASUS P5N-E SLI ACPI BIOS Revision 0901 02/01/2008
    Drives Memory Modules c,d
    700.14 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
    627.82 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space....................cont...
    If you weren't here posting your computer stats, the server wouldn't have as much load on it, and it would be faster.

My recommendation, hit the site supporter button, give Bumper about 20 thousand dollars and see if he will upgrade the server. Until then, I don't see how you have much of a right to complain. Just my .02.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

DC Founder
    It sounds like the forum is fast for some, slow for others. The fact that it is fast for some, makes it sort of hard for me to figure out how I can speed it up for those that it appears slow to. Anyway, I think this thread may have run it's course and seems to be going in circles like a drain....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links