Forum getting very slow to load

This is a discussion on Forum getting very slow to load within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; have noticed this that last few times I have been here....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forum getting very slow to load

Forum getting very slow to load

have noticed this that last few times I have been here.
    Roy
    Dacono, CO
    CCW
    USAF Veteran

2. Remove Ads

Time to clean up your computer? Clean and defrag and get rid of stuff you no longer need. Active times on the server will also cause this from time to time, but not very often for me, and I'm limping along on a piece of junk, thrown together half functioning laptop, external keyboard and monitor. Try dial up and you'll be impressed with the way things run here.

Administrator
    GO HERE CCleaner
    Download the latest version. It's free. It's great. I've been using it for years.
    I run it every couple of days.
    Run the regular cleaner and the registry cleaner.
    Download CCleaner 2.22.968 - FileHippo.com

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    GO HERE CCleaner
    Great advice QK

I use it also...

Be sure to click: Options > Cookies > and move Defensivecarry to the keep side and you won't have to log on every time.
    “Put your pain in a box. Lock it down. No man is stronger than one who can harness his emotions.” -Act of Valor

Guess what you are all wrong, this is the only forum with this problem that I visit and I visit a lot of them daily.
    Roy
    Dacono, CO
    CCW
    USAF Veteran

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    Seems very brisk to me, but I'm on a Mac with a really fast cable connection...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

I think FireFox helps by the way. IE is slow for me for almost anything comparatively. Forgot to mention that. By the way.......now seems to be a peak time on the server near as I can tell. My wireless connection plays a small part at 54mbps and low to very low connection and depending on the weather and where my laptop is in the house.

DC Founder
    We have slowed down as traffic continues to pick up. Once we do an upgrade, it immediately starts declining, bit by bit, with the increased traffic. You are probably noticing that. Those of us with fast connections and robust ISPs make take a bit longer to notice the degradation but I agree that it's there. I did check the stats and we continue to be doing pretty well as far as the server statistics are concerned, but worse than we were a year, a month and even a week ago.....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

I agree with Bumper! I use Linux and I do not have Windows connectivity issues. It has slowed. I have a fast pc and a 15mbps connection that is actually 18-20 stable.

Hey that is life and it is a good sign that there are more people interested in exercising the 2nd Amendment rights and getting educated and educating others.

Worth the wait!
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

Just so you know I have a 15 meg cable connection, I run the latest Firefox, my PC has a 3.15 meg processor and 4 meg of memory, running XP Pro
    Roy
    Dacono, CO
    CCW
    USAF Veteran

Life is hard when you are getting popular......

I don't really notice the connectivity issues because like a previous poster, I use a linux machine so none of the Windows crap ever affects me.....
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by rforgy View Post
    Just so you know I have a 15 meg cable connection, I run the latest Firefox, my PC has a 3.15 meg processor and 4 meg of memory, running XP Pro
    Sexy!

It sounds like a good system and kudos for running XP Pro. Vista just never lived up to the hype huh? Another version of WinDOHs ME!!
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

Quote Originally Posted by edr9x23super View Post
    Life is hard when you are getting popular......

I don't really notice the connectivity issues because like a previous poster, I use a linux machine so none of the Windows crap ever affects me.....
    Isn't it so incredibly wonderful to get all of this for free and to be able to laugh at the whole Virus thing??????

I am sold on Ubuntu 9.04, what flavor are you hooked on?

Patrick Henry

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus View Post
    It sounds like a good system and kudos for running XP Pro. Vista just never lived up to the hype huh? Another version of WinDOHs ME!!
    Vista another version of Windows ME? I don't think so. While I had very little problem with Windows XP Pro, I have had even less with Vista Ultimate. If you wait and buy an operating system after the first service pack is released you won't have many problems. I find Vista is more robust and manages memory better than XP. I have never had a blue screen, system lockup or been forced to reboot with Vista. Different strokes for different folks but Vista works very well.....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Quote Originally Posted by rforgy View Post
    You mean a 15 megabit (mb) cable connection, 3.15 Gigahertz (Ghz) processor and i take it you have 4 Gigabytes (Gb) of RAM, but the 32bit version of windows can only recognize 3.15 Gigabytes of it.

(sorry to be anal, just clearing it up)

It seems your computer, as long as Virus/Spyware scans come up empty, isn't the problem.

Is there perhaps somebody else using your internet connection? Maybe a kid online with his Xbox or downloading music or movies or something?

If that's not the case either than the website server is probably to blame.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links