Who pays for this site? - Page 4

Who pays for this site?

This is a discussion on Who pays for this site? within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Here's another "Atta boy" and a thank you and Vinaka Vakalevu. Anyone else here know what the last one means? Hey it's a compliment!...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Here's another "Atta boy" and a thank you and Vinaka Vakalevu.
    Anyone else here know what the last one means? Hey it's a compliment!

Quote Originally Posted by ELCruisr
    Here's another "Atta boy" and a thank you and Vinaka Vakalevu.
    Anyone else here know what the last one means? Hey it's a compliment!

Wasn't that a Don Ho song?

I still say Forum shirts or hats would be nice. My Benchmade hat's about shot and I need something to wear to the range! Maybe "Bumper for President" bumper stickers?
    Jack

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean3
    Wasn't that a Don Ho song?

I still say Forum shirts or hats would be nice. My Benchmade hat's about shot and I need something to wear to the range! Maybe "Bumper for President" bumper stickers?
    Jack
    Oh, hell no, Jack, you think Bush is having a problem right now. Imagine what would happen when I required everyone in the country to carry a concealed weapon. Why, there would be "blood running in the streets".....

Hats and shirts, maybe one of these days whenever I can come up with a cool logo that doesn't give us away as permit holders. I don't want any of our members being shot because they had a CombatCarry hat or tshirt on....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumper
    Hats and shirts, maybe one of these days whenever I can come up with a cool logo that doesn't give us away as permit holders. I don't want any of our members being shot because they had a CombatCarry hat or tshirt on....
    That sounds like a job for Chris maybe, He has come up with some pretty nice stuff,

As long as it dosen't show off those S&S

Or maybe an idea for a new Forum catagory, Where everyone could post ideas, and then we all could input on small changes and or ideas.

I'd buy a couple.

Maybe something with a big CC and crossed pistols.

Just an idea.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Assistant Administrator
    Mike - some while back I did experiment with some graphics but we didn't pursue it to a useable conclusion.

Crossed pistols sounds nice but Bumper's thinking was to go with something that did not make too obvious a gun/carry statement.

This was one example I played with - of course it is necessary to keep content simple whether for embroidery or silk screening. One is color then a mono version. Tried various other things too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Pic's removed for time being.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Thanks bumper !!

P95 - Like the logo !!

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    [QUOTE=P95Carry]Mike - some while back I did experiment with some graphics but we didn't pursue it to a useable conclusion.

Chris,

I like that a lot.

Are their any promotional product people on here. I'm sure the logistics of handling it all would be a pain in the butt.

FWIW, One idea, maybe, If enough people volunteered, maybe a regional distribution could be set up. I'd be a part of that. The main shipment would be broken down to the regional shipments, then the regionals would ship the individual orders to their final destination. I can't print or embroider, or know anyone who could, but I can divvy up some hats or t-shits and ship them out. This would add a little to the cost of each item, but then we are not exactly Wal-Mart either.

Just an idea, I'm sure others might have a better one.

If it doesn’t happen, I understand that too.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Hey..Bumper thanks alot man. I just hit Senior member and believe it or not I am so excited. I would also +1 this as being the best gun site on the net. Moreover, although I am well versed in handling weapons per military standards, I learned so much from the guys and girls here about civilian carry that I can't thank you and mods here enough. Thanks again
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

I like the example logos! To the "initiates", it says a lot. Otherwise, it's just "The Eagle Country Club"......

VIP Member
    Love it. Not flashy. Obscure to those who don't need to know. Instantly recognizable to those who do.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    Thank you Bumper. This site means alot to me and obviously to many others. If you ever need assistance please do not hesitate to ask. I would hate to lose this site.
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

I like that monotone design Chris, definitely do-able.
    FWIW, a bunch of us over on the 1911 Forum ordered embroidered shirts not long after 9-11-01. Not too expensive, good quality and the Forum Admin got a percentage of the cost to help with expenses. West End Country Embroidery did the work (including several shirts to choose from). http://www.wecembroidery.com/

We chose the red, white & blue embroidered eagle over "1911Forum.com" over "United We Stand." Don't remember the exact cost but seems it was somewhere around $25 (no idea how much of that went to the Forum Admin), and she does custom logos too. I still wear that shirt every time I go to the range so it's held up well.
    Jack

Assistant Administrator
    My wife works some part time with a small outfit doing silk screen and embroidery - so I guess we could work something out, tho she wants to get out of that place actually if truth known!

She does embroider at home too so I know we can do small embroidered logo's on T's and hats. Costs tend be be up there a bit with this sorta stuff but - I guess we could always fix something up if later there was demand. Subject of course to ''admin'' approval!!!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    My wife works some part time with a small outfit doing silk screen and embroidery - so I guess we could work something out, tho she wants to get out of that place actually if truth known!

She does embroider at home too so I know we can do small embroidered logo's on T's and hats. Costs tend be be up there a bit with this sorta stuff but - I guess we could always fix something up if later there was demand. Subject of course to ''admin'' approval!!!
    Hey, even better. If "Dad" okayed it we could keep it in the family ... err, assuming Mrs. Carry agreed.

DC Founder
    My wife has an embroidery machine, too and is ready to do it if I could ever settle on a logo. I really do like the logo that Chris made up but I have something bouncing around inside my head that hasn't really completely formed yet. "Vision" sounds sorta corny, but can't think of anything else to call it, lol.

We've also been tossing the idea of buying some screenprint equipment, but with us trying to finish out the house, we don't quite have the budget for it yet.... Be patient and I am betting you will see something fairly soon....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links