Forum Support

Forum Support

This is a discussion on Forum Support within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I just wanted to take a moment and thank all of you that have supported the forum through your personal donations, through sponsorship and by ...

Thread: Forum Support

DC Founder

Forum Support

I just wanted to take a moment and thank all of you that have supported the forum through your personal donations, through sponsorship and by supporting our sponsors. Your support very much helps keep our doors open.

I also wanted to let you all know about a couple of features that we recently added that will also help the forum financially.

First, we have sponsors from businesses directly related to our focus that support us through their advertising dollars. These banner links appear both at the top of the main page as well as in the right side column under "Sponsored Links". Our members have been very good at supporting these sponsors, that support us and we appreciate it.

Second, for those that are interested in becoming an NRA member, we are now set up as an official NRA recruiter. By taking the NRA link in the right column of the main page, you can become a member of that organization and help the forum at the same time. Even without small commission we receive through that link, the NRA is a very worthy organization to join. They help us all, immeasurably, as gun owners. A choice of magazine comes with your membership.

Third, a link in that same area is to the United States Concealed Carry Association. As with the NRA link, the USCCA pays us a small commission when a member joins through the link appearing on our page. They are also a very worthy organization to join that specifically supports our cause and have a great monthly magazine.

The fourth is actually a collection of links listed under the heading "Affiliate Partners". Every time you visit one of these links, from our main page, the forum is paid between 12-15 cents. Not much, individually, but over the course of a month with as many members as we have, it has the potential to add up. They change every time the page is loaded so if you are looking for something specific that you don't see on the first page load, hit reload. Brownells, Front Sight, Uncle Sam's Army-Navy Surplus, Sinclair International, Chief Public Safety Supply, Police One and a number of others. We hope that you will at least check out these links and see what is being offered.

Last, but certainly not least, is the "Optics Planet" sponsorship link at the very bottom of our main page. They are a great supply source for merchandise related to our focus here.

I am very proud of our sponsors for offering our membership quality products and services and supporting the forum over the years. And, again, we very much appreciate your individual donations, especially in such a down economy.

Thanks, again, to all of you.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Thanks for posting.....now all I have to do is remember all of that. I support a couple of sponsors on this site...namely Gunzilla, and TDSUS. Very worthy sponsors with excellent support, and I've taken advantage of their discount programs for us members here. We support them, and in turn, hopefully continue to support the site. Now my better half wants to join the NRA, and this comes at a good time for her to do it..........since we know it will be making another contribution to this site. She'll do it through the link then. Personally, I contribute a very small amount listed as a yearly amount. Sometimes I feel embarrassed (like now) at what a paltry amount I promise yearly. My PM list stays close to full all the time, and the interactions between fellow members is priceless. I've come across some good deals through members here.....holsters, ammo, magazines, accessories, etc. It makes it worth so much more. I spend so much time here. This site ranks in the top five of my list of things to do every day other than daily life and emails and business. On the personal level, it ranks about third on the list after one unmentionable, and then food. It relaxes me, and I'm happy to provide any good information I have to the members that might help them in any way. This is my online family, and at times it re-enforces my hopes for humanity and this great country. It's something I need in my daily life, or all is not well.
    My yearly support will remain the same, but I think I'll just make one of those spontaneous contributions soon (between ammo buying sprees, and if I can stay away from EBay long enough). It is for a good cause, and it will benefit me in the future I know.

I purchase items from a number of the sponsors. I'll start heading there via the links. Thanks for the heads-up.

And a big "Thank You!" for the excellent place to hang out and learn.

Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Thank you so much for posting this information. I have been viewing these sites for a while and will continue to link to them from this forum.

I have been receiving USCCA email's from Tim for about a year and now have decided to join as a member so I'm glad joining from this forum will help in a small way.

I do my best to support our sponsors as I believe in this site and try to help out as best I can.

Thanks again, Bumper!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Personally, I contribute a very small amount listed as a yearly amount. Sometimes I feel embarrassed (like now) at what a paltry amount I promise yearly.
    You should never feel embarrassed about a small donation, Ram Rod. We appreciate every dollar. I, generally, check a member's record every time a donation is made to be sure the script set everything up correctly, but very rarely make the connection between a donation amount and the person making it. I know everyone has been hit hard by the economy, family issues, and jobs (or lack of a job). As always, I still ask that people not donate if they have personal issues that the money would be better spent on.....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Thanks for a great place to hang out
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    Thanks for the information Bumper. I also try to use the forum sponsors if possible, when possible. I also appreciate a place to learn, share and be entertained. This forum is full of terrific people and a great source of knowledge.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

Senior Member Array 2ndsupporter's Avatar
    it's a small price to pay for all of valuable info. we receive here on a daily bassis.
    [One Nation Under God]

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    You should never feel embarrassed about a small donation, Ram Rod. We appreciate every dollar. I, generally, check a member's record every time a donation is made to be sure the script set everything up correctly, but very rarely make the connection between a donation amount and the person making it. I know everyone has been hit hard by the economy, family issues, and jobs (or lack of a job). As always, I still ask that people not donate if they have personal issues that the money would be better spent on.....
    But it's actually those I should be contributing for instead of for myself, because I know they might not be able now. The site must continue for everyone. What comes around goes around. I remember being accepted here without an ISP server based email address. Some of the site forums I had checked before this one wouldn't accept me because of this fact. I know I've come out for the better on this, and I lack for nothing now. Thanks for re-enforcing my thoughts that a little bit is spent better here. I've renewed my commitment here tonight, just now. All I could hope for is that others who are able do the same. I'll also be doubling my yearly amount when due. It's worth it so long as I am able.

Sponsored Links