Thank you, and what I've learned...

This is a discussion on Thank you, and what I've learned... within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Thanks to all who manage and contribute to this board. When I joined a couple weeks ago, I thought of myself as an experienced and ...

Thread: Thank you, and what I've learned...

VIP Member

Thank you, and what I've learned...

Thanks to all who manage and contribute to this board. When I joined a couple weeks ago, I thought of myself as an experienced and savvy person in regards to situational awareness and weapons. However, I've picked up more valuable insight, technique and thought-threads since joining this group, than I have in the last two decades.

'Two things that I do different today, thanks to this board:

* Carry all the time. I used to only use my CWP when I thought I 'needed it' for portions of my job that put me in harms way. Even a local senior LEO recently told me (when I happened to mention that I was not carrying at the time) that he thought I should be carrying at all times.

* I now also have 'one in the pipe' at all times while carrying. The Coast Guard had drilled into my head that this was a poor safety practice and not allowed for that reason. The fact that the Coast Guard has to deal with 'general liability' probably has a lot to do with that policy. Even so, this has been a difficult habit for me to break, but I'm starting to get used to it.

The courtesy and professionalism of contributors here is impressive. Bravo Zulu.

2. Remove Ads

Yea, you can't find a better forum then this one.
    Proud to be a member
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    DeeCee is stellar... I have learned more from the membership here than I ever learned in my CCW class...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

VIP Member
    I have to agree, I have and continue to learn alot from everyone on the forum.

I've learned a lot since I joined this forum. The one thing I have come to expect is that if you ask a question on any given subject you will get a great deal of comments. More than you really expect at times!

Thanks to all of you for your honest thoughts & opinions!
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

I gain some knowledge every day I'm here. (that's most days), and why I like to be here every day. I generally like to give more than I receive.
    You joined a couple of weeks ago? So now you're a sight supporter? Good. Sounds like me and what I felt almost two years ago. We're family now...that's the way it should be. When we are amongst family we contribute and never seek nor ask thanks since that's part of the deal of being family.

I have gained with each visit...glad you like it here.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Thank you for the compliments. We try very hard to make this a friendly and focused community. We want everyone who comes here to feel welcome. Fortunately most do. Those who don't are the ones who agree to the rules and then for some reason assume that the rules don't apply to them.

Some say we aren't adults because we have rules and enforce them. Personally, I believe the opposite is true. When I was a kid I threw tantrums and believed the world revolved around me. By growing up physically, mentally, and emotionally I left those things behind. As an adult I respect the rules that I have agreed to follow and I understand that I am not the center of the universe.

Comments like the ones above are what keeps us coming back and trying to help Bumper make this the site he and we want it to be.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Well, I for one believe Bumper and his crew has succeeded in spades!

This is by far, the most informative and least hostile forum on the internet.

The decorum has been stellar. Yes, there are some heated debates here, but the moderators do a damn fine job of keeping people on track and do a good job refereeing. Some of those "heated debates" end up being the most informative and instructional.

I think you'll find a good home here WHEC724. Thanks for posting your thoughts.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

DC Founder
    We appreciate the kind remarks and support of this forum. I really do believe we have some of the best forum members on the Internet. This forum originally started out as a experiment of sorts to see if we could build a forum on the topic of concealed carry (there were no others back then except PDO) and avoid some of the negative attributes of most forums. If you would have told me 5 years later we would still be open and still very close to our original ideals I would not have believed it was possible. But, here we are.

The most important role of the forum, to me, is that it be informative and educational - a place for everyone to learn something that will help them stay safe and defend themselves and their families. As long as that keeps on, civilly, I am a happy camper. We very much appreciate those that help us keep to our original plan....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Links