You're kidding, right?

You're kidding, right?

This is a discussion on You're kidding, right? within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...yle-carry.html That was closed because of Rule #6? I quote: 6. We do not discriminate in regards to religion, race, creed, gender, sexual preference, or ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar

You're kidding, right?

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...yle-carry.html

That was closed because of Rule #6? I quote: 6. We do not discriminate in regards to religion, race, creed, gender, sexual preference, or national origin, nor will we tolerate, on this forum, those that do. Racial, ethnic, or religious slurs appearing in posts will be removed.

Who slurred? What happened? If someone was really rude I would have said something too but asking a question about something so named for so long that I don't believe had any anti-Mexican feeling attached is silly, plain and simple.....PC at times makes us jumpy and I'm sick of it...please, let's be adults and understand the questions and not try to read the feelings behind them....

I'm in the wrong thread, Moderator, please post in correct spot, thanks.
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    I understand the answer in post 4 in the closed thread, but I don't get the connection to rule 6? By that definition, the term is a name used to describe a part of history of the Mexican goverment, not a slur against Mexican people.
    None of the responses posted seemed to be the least bit derogitory.
    I'm as confused as you are HV
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar

We don't see the deleted post

So far as the original post was concerned it certainly sounded like an honest question.

The term may have been used perjoratively elsewhere by some, though it hasn't seemed to have teeth in anything I've read here (at least to this non-Hispanic). Still, the phrase has been used extensively here as a technical term. The definition was not at all apparent from this website, though it's certainly available with a quick Google search. However, Hudsonvalley chose to ask here, and, predictably, he got an honest answer (and I liked the historical post, too) that was neutral in tone.

I don't see the slur either, so I assume that the post that was deleted suggested to the moderators that the thread was likely to (ahem) go South pretty quickly. Deleting the post that stepped over the line removed the evidence, as it were, so we're left scratching our heads.

Without that post we can only make assumptions, but based on observing their behavior over the years I'm confident that the moderators were even-handed and well-reasoned in their action here.
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

I read the post. There was nothing discriminatory, defamatory, or derogatory. My family is of Italian descent specifically Sicily. If there was a CCW term called the "Sicilian" would my feelings be hurt? NO NO NO. The problem with our society? We are too sensitive to EVERYONE's feelings.

I read thru the other thread and it seemed like a fair question. Not sure why it was locked. PC is all around

Maybe my hispanic wife will soon SLAP ME for calling her "Colombianita" or Colombian Girl becuase her feelings were hurt. Or maybe I SHOULD BE OFFENDED by my wife when she calls me "Senor Kimber Italiano" NOT......................................

Another ridiculous censor by the moderators of this board who have a "god complex".
    And yes, before you send me a nasty E-mail about how this is a privately owned board, blah blah, blah, I am aware of this. But you cannot expect fair debate with crap censorship with no merit.

Maybe whoever locked it can explain? But I doubt they will have the intesinal fortitude to do so.

Roger

I was just looking at RugerGirls Avatar. Maybe she should be banned because a Kenyan resident might be offended..

EW3
    Quote Originally Posted by itowbigtruck View Post
    Another ridiculous censor by the moderators of this board who have a "god complex".
    And yes, before you send me a nasty E-mail about how this is a privately owned board, blah blah, blah, I am aware of this. But you cannot expect fair debate with crap censorship with no merit.

Maybe whoever locked it can explain? But I doubt they will have the intesinal fortitude to do so.

Roger
    Noobs that make statements like that tend to become "ex members" pretty quick.

As far as the OP, maybe it was closed due to the inherent unsafe nature of this type of carry? Hello, Plaxico?
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" – George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Mr. Moderator this is purely a suggestion.

You may want to think things through a bit more carefully before closing a thread. As people who believe in the 2nd Amendment and in the grand scheme of things, THE US CONSTITUTION, we certainly do not want to go towards the road of promoting the Fairness Doctrine e.g. the Censorship Doctrine.

I also sincerely hope you do not cancel my membership simply because I am posting a critique. That would be just as bad as Censorship it not WORSE.

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    I was just looking at RugerGirls Avatar. Maybe she should be banned because a Kenyan resident might be offended..
    God forbid we should break other forum rules!

Oops.
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

sounds like i missed something, but i think i can fill in the blanks..

the term described in no way is insulting or derogatory

DC Founder
    Before you all work yourself up in a tizzy about why the thread was closed, read the explanation in post #13. It was NOT locked because of political correctness. It was closed because some of our members violated the rules repeatedly. When people cannot stop posting BS, we close the thread. What part of the original question was not answered?

Roger
    And for that smartass commentary, I will simply say goodbye to you....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetpilot007 View Post
    Mr. Moderator this is purely a suggestion.

You may want to think things through a bit more carefully before closing a thread. As people who believe in the 2nd Amendment and in the grand scheme of things, THE US CONSTITUTION, we certainly do not want to go towards the road of promoting the Fairness Doctrine e.g. the Censorship Doctrine.

I also sincerely hope you do not cancel my membership simply because I am posting a critique. That would be just as bad as Censorship it not WORSE.
    This is a suggestion that we will not be considering. The rules were broken whether you happened to see it before it was removed or not. It was not censorship for the sake of censorship, it was what we have always done when the rules are broken and will continue to do. I can't believe that all of you are ranting and raving over something that you have not made the simplest effort to go back and research. Anyone that has any problems with the reasons for closure is welcome to take it up with me by PM....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Administrator
    So.... I guess you were not kidding after all.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links