Please give us our own section!

This is a discussion on Please give us our own section! within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I want a SureFire section...lots of nice defensive light out there......

View Poll Results: What polls would you like to see most?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • AR-15

17 58.62%
  • AK- SKS

3 10.34%
  • Semi Auto Rifles in general

9 31.03%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please give us our own section!

I want a SureFire section...lots of nice defensive light out there...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    Sense I don't own any guns, only sling-shots, I would like one for that also.

Thanks in advance.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    The poll asks "What polls would you like to see most?" Nothing about a new section.

Like ar15.com for AR's, there is a forum out there somewhere for every manufacturer. I like the general sections DC has now.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    How about one for women with guns?
    Hmmmm, let me think about that one for awhile. Might have to do a little research....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

I like the forum as it is. If I want a more specific forum, I'll visit another one. If I want a more specific thread, I'll start one. I am pleased with the organization of the different subforums here.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    Not enough traffic in the rifles and shotguns section as it is.

Administrator
    Can I have my own section? A SIXTO sub forum would be great.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    It's a defensive carry forum......
    I hate to be the bearer of bad new, but you are wrong. Here is the way the forum rules begin:
    DefensiveCarry.com Rules

The DefensiveCarry.com forums have grown tremendously and we thank all of you for being part of this community committed to concealed weapons carry.
    Bumper started this forum as one concerned primarily with concealed carry. Several years ago the name was changed from CombatCarry to DefensiveCarry. Bumper owned both domain names. The only reason it was not called ConcealedCarry is that someone else got the domain name before Bumper could.

I, too, have to agree with the ones who have expressed a negative response to the idea of specific forums. I enjoy the rifle & shotgun forum, but it really does not get enough traffic to justify expanding it. But my real reason for not wishing to have a specific forum is that it takes away from our purpose.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Senior Moderator
    I dont know...a "Sixto" forum might be interesting.

Bumper would have to hire at least a dozen more mods to moderate it though...it would probably become the most moderated forum in the history of the Internet.

The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

How about one for women with guns?
    This IS a defensive carry forum......
    How about scantily clad/bikini clad women and problems of concealment? With pics of course......

And I want a Ruger section! ;)
    Sarcasm - Just one of the many services I provide!
    Ever wonder why massacres never happen at a gun range??
    You might find me dead in a ditch one day, but I'll be in a pile of brass. - Stolen from Zebra64

Administrator

Bumper would have to hire at least a dozen more mods to moderate it though...it would probably become the most moderated forum in the history of the Internet.

Nah, it would be the best behaved forum on the 'net.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_cmg View Post
    I hate to be the bearer of bad new, but you are wrong. Here is the way the forum rules begin:

Bumper started this forum as one concerned primarily with concealed carry. Several years ago the name was changed from CombatCarry to DefensiveCarry. Bumper owned both domain names. The only reason it was not called ConcealedCarry is that someone else got the domain name before Bumper could.

I, too, have to agree with the ones who have expressed a negative response to the idea of specific forums. I enjoy the rifle & shotgun forum, but it really does not get enough traffic to justify expanding it. But my real reason for not wishing to have a specific forum is that it takes away from our purpose.
    Like it or not, the massive sales of these rigs will only increase the popularity of this section of the forum. There are many folks who have both types of defensive firearms and would still like to talk about them. Heck no one was asking for a black powder section.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    Like it or not, the massive sales of these rigs will only increase the popularity of this section of the forum. There are many folks who have both types of defensive firearms and would still like to talk about them. Heck no one was asking for a black powder section.
    I want a black powder section!! With sections for rifles/shotguns, pistols and pocket guns too!

Most people post what the topic is about in the thread heading,New Rifle,Shotgun etc.,so you can know in advance what evil gun you are looking at
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar

Hire? ... did I hear Hire?

I'm available, and reasonable too. I would'nt charge any more than 100k p/yr.

Actually, a womens section may be a good idea. My wife is a member of Women and Guns Forum. She likes it alot.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links