Please give us our own section!

This is a discussion on Please give us our own section! within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; With the massive trend towards "The Black Rifle" and other semi automatic rifles. I think we need our own section, though I love shotguns they ...

View Poll Results: What polls would you like to see most?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • AR-15

17 58.62%
  • AK- SKS

3 10.34%
  • Semi Auto Rifles in general

9 31.03%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please give us our own section!

VIP Member

Please give us our own section!

With the massive trend towards "The Black Rifle" and other semi automatic rifles. I think we need our own section, though I love shotguns they are a completely different section of self defense and frankly lumping them together does not make sense. Please chime in if you guys would like to see the same thing!

BTW I love shottys and I honestly think that for typical (short range)home defense they are hands down the best choice. My 2 cents.....
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

2. Remove Ads

I think it might not hurt to have seperate Defensive Rifle and Defensive Shotgun sections, but breaking it down into particular rifle platforms may be a bit cumbersome for moderators, etc.

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    Yay for a defensive rifle thread! I would love to see a thread dedicated to AR, but would be happy with a defensive rifle forum.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

Administrator
    I'm pretty sure there already is one, you just have to share with shotguns too. Given the volume of traffic in that sub-forum, I really don't see it being a huge asset to the forum in general.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    Since this is a concealed carry forum, to me it really doesnt warrant it's own forum since a rifle is not typically considered a concealable fiream. Personally, I like having the rifles and shotguns together. Have you looked at ar15.com? Great AR forum resource.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Given the volume of traffic in that sub-forum, I really don't see it being a huge asset to the forum in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcher View Post
    Since this is a concealed carry forum, to me it really doesnt warrant it's own forum since a rifle is not typically considered a concealable fiream. Personally, I like having the rifles and shotguns together.
    We are very resistant to adding too many individual forums, especially when they are off of our primary topics. It makes it much more difficult to moderate and adds confusion to where, exactly, members should post certain threads. While we do, occasionally, add new forums, SIXTO and Rcher have pretty much expressed my opinion on a separate forum in this case.

Have you looked at ar15.com? Great AR forum resource.
    I highly recommend ar15.com to anyone interested in more information on AR rifles.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

VIP Member
    Since this is a concealed carry forum, to me it really doesnt warrant it's own forum since a rifle is not typically considered a concealable fiream. Personally, I like having the rifles and shotguns together. Have you looked at ar15.com? Great AR forum resource.
    It's a defensive carry forum......

Yes I have looked at ARCOM, but would love to consolidate my forums if possible. There are some pretty knowledgeable people on this forum as well.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Couldn't vote in your poll as you didn't include a "None of the above" choice. We don't need a separate black rifle forum. Then what, a separate 22 rifle forum, a separate cowboy guns forum, a separate Glock forum, Sig forum, Ruger forum and so on and so on and, well, you get the idea. I think this forum is great just the way it is. I'll bet I'm like most members in that when I read the forum, I click on "Quick Links" and then on "Today's Posts". If I'm looking for something specific, then I use search. Works for me.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by cvhoss View Post
    Couldn't vote in your poll as you didn't include a "None of the above" choice. We don't need a separate black rifle forum. Then what, a separate 22 rifle forum, a separate cowboy guns forum, a separate Glock forum, Sig forum, Ruger forum and so on and so on and, well, you get the idea. I think this forum is great just the way it is. I'll bet I'm like most members in that when I read the forum, I click on "Quick Links" and then on "Today's Posts". If I'm looking for something specific, then I use search. Works for me.

Hoss
    Exactly.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

If we get one of these, I'd like a Glock "section" as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    If we get one of these, I'd like a Glock "section" as well.
    Some of us dinosaurs will surely want our own revolver section too of course.

I choose AR simply because thats what I have.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Senior Moderator
    I want one specifically for "mouse guns"...which is anything under .40 caliber...

The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

JD
    Administrator
    And a rimfire section.

Senior Moderator
    How about one for women with guns?
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links