Bumper

This is a discussion on Bumper within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Whats a COMMIFORNIA? Never heard of a commifornia before. Would someone please tell me what Commifornia means....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bumper

Whats a COMMIFORNIA? Never heard of a commifornia before.

Would someone please tell me what Commifornia means.

2. Remove Ads

I want the word "irked" banned its creepy!

I was born in COMMIFORNIA and spent my first 40 years there. Then the Easterner's moved in and it went to poop, then I woke up and got the hell out, I suggest doing the same.
    Last edited by rstickle; November 11th, 2009 at 06:50 AM. Reason: Language work arounds are not permitted!
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    Let's not be too hard on him. Some of the Californians are fighting pretty hard to change the way things are done in their state but are overwhelmed by the opposition. And, when it's your home state it is a little hard to take people calling it names. Personally, I always have a hard time when people talk down my home state of Texas. I get over it, though, by resolving that they don't know what they are talking about....
    I think we all catch flak sometime about our home state. There are a lot of good citizens in CA, though they are overwhelmed at the voting booth.

My wife's family is from CA, I'm from Louisiana, things are sure different between the two states, I'm always intrigued to visit with them, and they are always intrigued that I'd actually eat a squirrel.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Personally, I sympathize with Rob. Being a "New Yorka" I have gotten my fair share from fellow forum members. I think it's ok to have a little fun with us who live in the tightly controlled states. I just take it and keep smiling, because I know it's (mostly) in jest.

What does irk me, however, is when other members say truly disrepectful things or bash the state you're in. There is no room for that. We all live where we do for many reasons, and have to make the best of what's on our plate.

So Rob, keep fighting to get the laws changed, relax and kick back a little on this forum, and know that most of us are just having a good time communicating with members around the country, and don't mean to insult fellow members.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Administrator
    Michael Savage uses San FranSICKO and LOST Angeles all the time.

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Look,
    I grew up in New York State, (Evil Empire, The Welfare State, etc) Lived in Minnesota (10,000 puddles, Fargo lite, etc) and now live in Tennessee (insert banjo joke here).

All states have their short comings. Some WAY worse than others in the eyes of liberty loving folks.

Expressions like comi-fornia and it's variants to me speak to the frustration many have with what looks like an eroding ethic, liberty and common sense that seems to be spreading from both coasts inward.

You live there and like it? Great. Enjoy. Live there and DON'T like it? Figure out how to change it, or escape to somewhere more to your liking.

Grow a thicker skin and let it roll off your back, so long as someone isn't personally attacking you.

The rest of us? Speaking for me, I just hate that the weirdness and nanny-state ism seems to not only have ruined a beautiful state, but also leaches out to influence those elsewhere with a group-think mentality.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    To the OP, I think the "big idea" (other than people kicking you around, not nice!) is that the administrators try to avoid that kind of thing. My advice would be to contact others who use a term you have a hard time with via PM and POLITELY let them know your concerns. Then let it go.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    Many of the Commifornians were moving to Colorado in droves and have been changing the political landscape here drastically.

Last month, Guns and Ammo had a letter from the editor about closing their doors in CA and moving to IL all because of CA's continued attack on gun rights. I didn't think it was much of an arguement when you hold up IL as being that much better.
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

I love my states nickname,
    Gunshine State!!!!!!
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Many of the Commifornians were moving to Colorado in droves and have been changing the political landscape here drastically.
    When this influx started I used to see a bumper sticker that said "Don't Californicate Colorado". It's odd how people who can no longer stand the snakepit they live in, set about re-creating it in the place they relocate to.

Senior Member Array 2ndsupporter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    Lonestar beer sucks. Take that Texas.

I second that!!!!!
    [One Nation Under God]

I still can't find the banned word list?
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

I;m a Texans and I'll second that notion. We do have some disappointing things come from here, just not as much as CA, IL, or NY.

Personally I like CA, I just wish it went from the border of Tijuana to the North edge of San Diego. The rest can go to China.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Well duh! Everyone knows that. Especially since it is now brewed by Pabst and has won numerous awards.

Gold Medal Winner 2007, 2008 Great American Beer Festival® - American-Style Cream Ale or Lager*
    *Lone Star was entered under Pabst Brewing Co. in 2007 & 2008.
    My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
    - Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links