Bumper

This is a discussion on Bumper within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Originally Posted by Bumper There is not an official "banned words" list although we do have a filter that take some of the more vile ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bumper

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    There is not an official "banned words" list although we do have a filter that take some of the more vile words and change them to s string of asterisks. I'm afraid that "commifornia" does not sink to the level of the words that are in that list. Adding words that people would rather not hear would needlessly bog down that system and start us down the path to what I would consider to be censorship....
    I see. Ok, thanks.

The rest of you who think it's funny can all stick it. I'm asking because a lot of folks here who have never visited my state, have never traveled to my state, have no family who live here, etc, etc, etc, like to use the slur to describe something that they have no familiarity with.

In essence, my state has been reduced to the equivalent of a not-so-funny one-liner on late night TV. Which perpetuates the stereotype that people from California are worthless and/or not worth listening to or doing business with. Thank you very much for your non politically correct assessment of my character. Should I ever get the opportunity to return the favor you can be sure I will. With a ton of interest.

It's not about my "thin skin." It's ALL about reputation.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Rob P. View Post
    The rest of you who think it's funny can all stick it. I'm asking because a lot of folks here who have never visited my state, have never traveled to my state, have no family who live here, etc, etc, etc, like to use the slur to describe something that they have no familiarity with.
    I hope you read my post earlier on... I sympathized with you. And yes, I've been to CA many times. I have family in Santa Monica, Napa, San Jose, Eureka, and Arcata. Just returned from LA 3 weeks ago! So don't take it out on all of us!!!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

I see. Ok, thanks.

In essence, my state has been reduced to the equivalent of a not-so-funny one-liner on late night TV. Which perpetuates the stereotype that people from California are worthless and/or not worth listening to or doing business with. Thank you very much for your non politically correct assessment of my character. Should I ever get the opportunity to return the favor you can be sure I will. With a ton of interest.

I've been to your state, and spent considerable time there.
    People sometimes joke about the grey hairs here in Florida...I'm old...I live in Florida, but I don't get upset about someone joking about what's fairly true.
    CA has a bunch of liberals, fruits, and nuts. The government is broke and its ridiculous laws have bankrupted the state. If the Dems had their way, I'd have to help bail your state out of the hole it got itself into...
    I have many friends still living in CA who joke right along with the rest of us.
    No disrespect was thrown towards you, and I haven't seen anything in this thread that would cause the normal individual to become irate.
    Take a couple of 'chill pills', lighten up...no one here has demeaned your reputation.

Respectfully submitted, of course...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I too have been to CA many times, I have been all over SoCal from Loma Point to LA and up to Oxnard and as far West as Riverside.

I love San Diego, guess its all the military around makes me feel safe and conservative.

The rest of the bankrupt state can fall in to the ocean and I doubt anyone will miss it.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

I can go to my eternal rest now as I have seen it all. Move here to good ole Kentucky and be one of us gun toting hillbillies. BUT leave Nancy Pelosi there.
    Ain't no fun when the rabbit has a gun!

Can we PLEEZE get "commifornia" onto the banned word list?

It is insulting to those of us who live here, serves no useful purpose other than insult, and REALLY irks me.
    I see from your pubic profile that you are an attorney. I find it ironic that an attorney would want to limit free speach in this way.

On second thought, it's not so ironic.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. ~ Albert Einstein

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    Let's not be too hard on him. Some of the Californians are fighting pretty hard to change the way things are done in their state but are overwhelmed by the opposition. And, when it's your home state it is a little hard to take people calling it names. Personally, I always have a hard time when people talk down my home state of Texas. I get over it, though, by resolving that they don't know what they are talking about....
    I applaud those in CA who are fighting to change things there. That said, my girlfriend lived in San Diego for almost 30 years and she says "Commiefornia" fits perfectly!
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. ~ Albert Einstein

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    Lonestar beer sucks. Take that Texas.
    Almost as bad as Coors, eh?

I think I'll go take cover now...

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Lived there awhile ago, havent gone back since. Also considering every single gun I own is Illegal in California Im not going back.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

I see. Ok, thanks.

That's mighty funny you make a statement like that after being offended by others making fun or your state. Kinda makes it look like your not worried about others though. Or perhaps I read it wrong, Hmmmmmmmmm, nope.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

I see. Ok, thanks.

I was there just last June. Heard more than a few remarks about "Okies" when people saw the Oklahoma tags on my car. I didn't get upset about it.

The only thing that upset me was the fact that after carrying a gun for Uncle Sam in one capacity or another for 23 years I had to disarm myself at the AZ border, lock up my gun in a COM safe, and be totally unarmed while in your state. That after buying 10 round magazines just so I wouldn't risk arrest just for having unloaded 12 round magazines in my possession.

I've been there several times in the past, and yes I have family there too.

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

I'm retired and my particular issue is with the Republic of New York. They are such elitists, they don't acknowledge any other states carry permits and you can't even legally bring a gun into their state in your trunk, etc unloaded or not. We have relatives in New York and visit often but I must always leave my gun at home if going there.
    Above is a statement in a new thread that is derogatory about the people in my state. I am not an elitist but I am not going to ask Bumper to put it on the banned list. If you take everything personal you will have a long life of discontent.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Can we PLEEZE get "commifornia" onto the banned word list?

It is insulting to those of us who live here, serves no useful purpose other than insult, and REALLY irks me.
    CommiFornia might be banned, but you still will find "Californication" in the daily newspaper, now and then. Consider it a bit of the spice that adds flavor to the place. Still, you're there. You're reaping the benefits. Can't be so bad, merely hearing of it from those bangin' on the door.

Hm. What to do.

For the irked: I lived in California for years. The political hacks prevalent, there, have earned every bit of the disdain, which has NOTHING to do with the people or the beauty of the place. It's strictly a political dig at the stupidity prevailing in the CA Assembly and other halls of misguided power. Heck, they made a movie (Deliverance), for crying out loud, about the south east stereotype for backwoods backwardness, whereas "CommiXYZ" merely thumbs its nose at the political principles prevailing. Look at the bright side. It could be worse.

FLASH! Youthful roots of banjo-picker found!
    Attached Images
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Commifornia here we come NOT
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

VIP Member
    In your OP you made a request that you got an answer for, and you replied.......
    I see. Ok, thanks.
    Personally I'd stopped there, and not included your other additional remarks. I'm sympathetic with your feelings toward your home state, but I don't see where your follow-up remarks bolstered the case you made in your OP, or helped a "reputation" in some way.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links