Inactive Members?

This is a discussion on Inactive Members? within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Scrolling through the "Members List" section I couldn't help but notice a staggering number of inactive members. I saw some that joined four or five ...

Thread: Inactive Members?

VIP Member

Question Inactive Members?

Scrolling through the "Members List" section I couldn't help but notice a staggering number of inactive members.

I saw some that joined four or five years ago, have never had a single post and haven't even visited DC.com for years.

Do inactive members eventually get purged from the system?
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyBunny View Post
    Scrolling through the "Members List" section I couldn't help but notice a staggering number of inactive members.

I saw some that joined four or five years ago, have never had a single post and haven't even visited DC.com for years.

Do inactive members eventually get purged from the system?
    No.

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    No.
    Lol. Can't get more clear then that

I think what he was trying to ask more or less is why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Pro2A View Post
    I think what he was trying to ask more or less is why not?
    That's easy

"Just because"
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Well, good point now that it has been brought up. Hard to figure what "inactive" might entail. Service members overseas? Purging inactive members after a pre-determined amount of time might free up some resources on the site, but more than likely not enough to make a big difference. I've never heard of a website forum that deletes members for inactivity actually, but I have heard of members of a specific forum within a site forum that can loose their membership by means of a voting consensus of those forum specific members. But the terms for the specific forum must be made specifically clear to those members requesting to join that specific forum. I know, because I'm still a member on a website forum where I can delete membership for inactivity according to the rules laid out for membership. These types of websites are rather intricate.

I actually contacted Bumper in relation to this a while ago, before I went to boot camp, as I would have no access to the internet for somewhere between 3-6 months, and didn't really want my account canceled because of that.

Bumper said that they don't delete if you go inactive, which I appreciated as sometimes i go months without being on here.

Maybe some people and just lurk forever, learning. The army deploys for over a year as opposed to my 7 month deployments, there are lots of reasons people might be inactive.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeLCPL View Post
    Maybe some people and just lurk forever, learning.
    Go to the members list section and scroll down. You will see the date when a member has joined, and when they last logged onto DC.com. You will see a lot that have not visited for years.

This was a matter of curiosity only. I was NOT saying inactive members SHOULD be deleted.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Senior Moderator
    I think that some take a look around and aren't as interested as they thought they were.

Some may have been members of various liberal boards that may have signed up just to refute various arguments,but they realized that were outgunned, both mentally and literaly so they just gave up.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Being inactive doesn't cause a problem, does it?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Only with my waistline.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Not at all. I leave them mainly because it is a pain to delete them. I do occasionally go in and delete all of those people that for whatever reason never get through the confirmation process, but only because I scan that category fairly often.

Some people do, though, leave for some very long periods of time and still come back....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Links