What I've learned at CombatCarry.com

This is a discussion on What I've learned at CombatCarry.com within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; We, as moderators, always enjoy the influx of new members and people new to shooting sports, be it CCW, competition or plain ole' paper punchin'. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What I've learned at CombatCarry.com

1952 - 2006
    We, as moderators, always enjoy the influx of new members and people new to shooting sports, be it CCW, competition or plain ole' paper punchin'.

I have been shooting firearms for over 40 years now. Reloading for over 35 years and carrying for over 30 years. I still learn new things every day.

Some of our new members think that they occasionally ask dumb questions. I haven't found one yet. Some of the questions have made me stop and evaluate why I think and do the things that I do.

Thanks to all the new members and may they keep asking questions.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array ssssthesnake's Avatar
    just wanted to chime in . this is the first form iv ever been part of and find that its great .also understand that not all forms are operated with the courtasy and gentalmanly or womanly for that mater conduct the help n tips are something i think is the best part of the site thanks agine and would be more than willing to help out be it money ect to see this place continue

One thing i've noticed, and it reflects directly on the members here is in the year or more i've been a member i can't say i've seen 1 person "banned", any topic closed due to "in-fighting" or really anything negative that sticks out.
    fine members, moderators, and lotsa great info.

THANKS TO ALL!
    R1

This is mine. That is yours.

Lets keep it that way.

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    I've learned that CC isn't always like those "It happened to me" stories in the Gun Rags where the BG is shot and Joe Citizen rides off into the sunset.

I've learned and began to think more about the legal aspects of a self defense shooting.

I've learned new ways to think about tactical situations that may arise on the street and other various places.

I've learned that this is the best gun site on the web and there are some great people on here.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

CopperKnight Needs No Sleep

CopperKnight, when do you get to sleep, work, eat, play? I've been lurking around this sight for over 6 months and have gotten all the way up to about 28 posts. Almost 300 posts in a month is outstanding! Keep it up, logging on to this forum and reading the new posts is my favorite pastime. A great place to hang out and learn.
    Charlie - 40FIVER

Why I carry:
    "The heart is deceitul above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
    Jeremiah 17:9

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 40FIVER
    CopperKnight, when do you get to sleep, work, eat, play? I've been lurking around this sight for over 6 months and have gotten all the way up to about 28 posts. Almost 300 posts in a month is outstanding! Keep it up, logging on to this forum and reading the new posts is my favorite pastime. A great place to hang out and learn.
    Sleep...wha..., oh yeah I forgot about that.

This is my new addiction. My last one was sleep, so I gave that up for this one. Actually, I love it here. Many of the posts are "welcome"s to new members, I try to catch as many of those as I can. Otherwise I check in the morning before work, and do most of my comments after the kids are in bed in the evening and my wife is watching her shows. Not much worth watching on the tube now adays (IMHO), so I spend my time here. Love this place. Oh, yeah... and the bananas
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Dancing Banana's! Sock's with sandel's & a whole lot of useful information! What else could a gun guy ask for? Thank's for the Forum!
    I HAVE TWO GUNS. ONE FOR EACH OF YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by kansas45
    Dancing Banana's! Sock's with sandel's & a whole lot of useful information! What else could a gun guy ask for? Thank's for the Forum!

Free Ammo???

Great site and well moderated too.....thanks!

Assistant Administrator
    Sock's with sandals
    Kansas - I hereby make public that you also are now - ''on my list''!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by fitznig
    Thank you Bumper, P95Carry, Bud White, acparmed, QKshooter for making this forum possible!
    All of your hard work and precious time as 'guardians' of this site is very much appreciated. (Hats off to the new mods, too!)

I've only had my CCW a few short months and have only been a 'member' here just as long, but I've come to appriciate everybody's advice, input, and opinions. I have learned -and continue to learn - a lot about the wonderful hobby that we 'like-minded' souls share.

Don't mean to get 'warm and fuzzy', but I echo about 'community' - celebrating weddings, new jobs, and praying/cheering for returned health for some of our moderators/members puts a human touch to this cyber-based community.

Now, with all that 'heavy-stuff said' let da dance begin!!
    It's not about the caliber you carry, it's about how you USE it.

Acts 4:12
    (Mohammad Who?)

1988 DIE HARD 2008
    NRA Member

VIP Member
    I'll chime in too........

I like the fact that I can hit this site a couple of times a day and read other people's thoughts on what-ifs, holsters, things other people do with weapons like mine and other experiences
    ....and if Bumper ever does "allow" donations...be it IT equipment or $$$ I'll be on the list

keep it up!!!!!
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer
    not enough space for list, main gear: duty-G17, S&W 642 bug, 870, RRA AR-15; G30 off-duty
    Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Thumbs up S&s

I don't think I've EVER seen sooooooooo many Dancing Bananas in one thread!

Must be that S&S stuff Chris is always mumbling about.....

Actually - I second all of the great comments above - this is a great site to learn on, share on, and be part of!
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

This is one one of the sites that I recommend to my students. The mindset that comes across here is something that I am hoping to pass on to them on a continuing basis.
    There's a reason The Sopranos is set in New Jersey.
    Basic Pistol

Quote Originally Posted by 64zebra
    I like the fact that I can hit this site a couple of times a day and read other people's thoughts on what-ifs, holsters, things other people do with weapons like mine and other experiences
    Second that. being a newbie to CCW, The wealth of knowledge here has been priceless. Where else can you go, ask a question and get 10 different, well educated, points of view. And I've never seen so many grown men/women so excited about dancing bananas!! It's great!! Thanks to everyone here for the time they take and the patience they have for the new guys. It strengthens the CCW community and is appreciated.

My impression was "OH YEAH, I belong here!" Practically like Family or Shipmates. Thanx to every one, Mods and Contributers for giving me such a feeling of belonging.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links