What I've learned at CombatCarry.com

This is a discussion on What I've learned at CombatCarry.com within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I've been here a little over a month have have been greatly enjoying myself. I try to add a comment when I think I can ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What I've learned at CombatCarry.com

VIP Member

Thumbs up What I've learned at CombatCarry.com

I've been here a little over a month have have been greatly enjoying myself. I try to add a comment when I think I can be of help and occasionally add something I think is funny in an attempt to lighten your day.

Now I want to say thanks to the people here for the time spent and the help I've received. I've learned a great deal in what little time I've been around.

Now, what I've learned:
    I've always tried to pay attention to what's going on around me, but reading through the threads here, I have found myself being more concious of my surroundings. I've noticed things around me as I go about my daily business that I hadn't before. I find myself playing "what if" and doing mental drills. "What if that guy pulls a gun out?", "What if that carload of deaf (they have to be deaf with the music that loud) gangster looking kids decides to check me out a little closer?", "What if...?" I've found exits I didn't know existed in stores I regularly patronize. I also know how the cell coverage is in these places, just so I know were I have to be if I need to make a 911 call.

I've learned I'm not the only person around who thinks like we do. Not many people around me think like I do, but most of the people here are on my wavelength. If you find you are the only person who holds your beliefs, you start to think "It must be me that's not right in the head." Now I know I must be OK. (OK in a relative term I suppose.)

There are many other things, but I won't bore you with them. Suffice it to say, I've spent a lot of time on this forum in the past month and it has been time well spent.

Thanks to Bumper for the great site. Thanks to the moderators for keeping it cleaned up. And thanks to the members for keeping the moderator's job easy (that's me guessing at their job) and submitting posts to make such a helpful site. I'm happy here with my kind.

Oh, yeah... and I love the dancing bananas...
    Last edited by CopperKnight; April 25th, 2006 at 09:33 PM. Reason: spacing
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

2. Remove Ads

Nice post Copper. I second the "thank you". I have been a member for a few months. I sincerely look forward to reading everybody's post, gaining more knowledge, and getting to know the members.
    -Bill

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

Assistant Administrator
    Copper - thank you from me - and I am sure Bumper will echo that.

It is nice to know that folks do in fact benefit from all the assorted input - and it shows I think that we are a community, those who carry and take responsibility for their own well being.

The accumulated knowledge and opinions will I reckon in most cases, manage to answer questions for those newer to the regimen and actually make us all stronger and even more responsible too.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Great post, Copper! When you hear of all the bad things the internet is used for, it's nice to be reminded of all the good it does, also. I've met some great folks here. And yes, best of all --- you have to love those dancing bananas!
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    I've learned more than I can list. I think the most beneficial for me is the overall knowledge of guns that I've acquired.

And an added BUNUS that I've learned that it's OK to wear socks with sandals.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead79
    I've learned more than I can list. I think the most beneficial for me is the overall knowledge of guns that I've acquired.

"I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

Assistant Administrator
    OK already ----- S&S here - anyone wanna fight
    Chris - P95

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    it's OK to wear socks with sandals.
    oO( only east of the ol miss ) LMAO

I am also a new member and greatly enjoy the advice and insight of others. I find my self checking this site the most often. I try to check-in at least twice a day now to keep up with the new posts. Thanks

PS. Is there a list of needed computer parts for this site or info on how to make donations ??

Administrator

Thumbs up

Glad that you're finding it helpful here and WE LIKE having you here!
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Lead Moderator
    Great site. I learn more almost daily. Even for us lifetime shooters ,you can always learn more.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Assistant Administrator
    KS Shooter - Thx for the mention re computer parts and donations - I think you will find tho that Bumper still chooses to run this from his own pocket, for which we are all most grateful.

I am sure tho if needed at some stage there are many of us who would chip in to keep things afloat.
    Chris - P95

I learn things everyday on this site! I love it. Whether they be from true stories, news stories, or information about CCW and 2nd Amendment rights! I have learned a great deal about what you can and cannot do once you have a CCW I never knew about before. I have learned that I do want my future Glock 19 from peoples threads. And I love love love reading all the success stories from people having CCW's.

And....It's always fun to joke around about off topic things on the humor part, and discuss important issues on others. Many people supply useful websites with more information, and Combat Carry is a very nice friendly environment to be a part of!

Thank you Bumper, P95Carry, Bud White, acparmed, QKshooter for making this forum possible!

Here, Here!!! I too have learned a ton and best of all you can tell that there is a high moral character from most everyone here. Even if someone comes on here with a bit of an attitude they are still treated with respect and they usually see the error of their ways pretty quickly. I log on daily just to see what my new comrades are up to. Thank you all for the open and honest discussions and a place I feel really honored to be a part of.
    George Washington: "A free people ought to be armed."

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead79

And mindset.
    Oh, another one for the socks with sandles too, thought I was the only one

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links