Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Upgrade and Maintenance

2K views 23 replies 18 participants last post by  RETSUPT99 
#1 ·
I am going to close down the forum later tonight and upgrade the script and perform some much needed maintenance. Afterwards, you may see some differences in the forum. We have a number of modifications to the forum that may not be compatible. If that is the case, they will discontinue to work and will be removed. Most of these are tools used by the moderating staff but some, like the posting statistics at the bottom of the page, could be affected. It may take me a few days to get it all back to normal.

All of this is in preparation of a larger upgrade that will be coming sometime after the first of the year when vBulletin releases a major new release of the script. I have no clue how that will go but it's coming up nevertheless.

Expect us to be down at least a couple of hours late tonight, possibly longer.....

#4 ·
Thanks for trying to upgrade and good luck to you with the effort. "Upgrade" too often is a four letter word once the process starts.

#6 ·
May the Force be with You and all goes smoothly !

#9 ·
By the way, about what time are you planning to bring it down? That way I can plan what time I want to go to sleep. :smile:

#13 ·
Thanks for keeping us in the loop. Hope all goes smoothly.

#14 ·
Your efforts are greatly appreciated, keep the mice on that treadmill happy.:scruntiny::wave:

#17 ·
It appears all went well last night. By removing the statistics on "top trheads", etc from the bottom I believe it the performance increased. I will probably not re-install that particular mod. Anyway, it's done until after the first of the year when the big one comes......

#19 ·
"By removing the statistics on "top trheads", <~~~:hand5:etc from the bottom I believe it the performance increased."

You know he was up mighty late at night working on it all.~~~> :dead:

Those pesky trheads can be a real PITA sometimes!

:rofl:

#24 ·
Yep, the mice appear to be running full-tilt...it does seem much faster.:danceban::danceban:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.