closed discussion on vehicle carry in SC

This is a discussion on closed discussion on vehicle carry in SC within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; One thing I noted was that in one forum where the discussion was carry in an automobile in SC it was stated that Florida and ...

Thread: closed discussion on vehicle carry in SC

One thing I noted was that in one forum where the discussion was carry in an automobile in SC it was stated that Florida and SC do not have reciprocity. The discussion was closed leaving the impression that reciprocity is not in effect between SC and Fl. However several months later SC did establish reciprocity with Fla and any one reading the closed discussion would not know that..I think it would better to add the latest SC law at the end of that discussion so one would not be mislead.
    ==================================
    South Carolina Reciprocity

RECIPROCITY

As of September 12, 2008, states with which South Carolina has reciprocity are:

Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, Texas, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wyoming.

Residents of reciprocal states who hold permits issued by their states of residence may carry concealed firearms in South Carolina, but must abide by the restrictions in the South Carolina CWP law. For that reason, out of state residents of reciprocal states should familiarize themselves with restricted carry locations and other provisions of South Carolina law posted on this website. South Carolina permittees who carry firearms in reciprocal states are likewise responsible for familiarizing themselves with the applicable laws and regulations of the reciprocal state. Web sites of those states may be accessed by selecting the desired state name listed above.

JD
    Administrator
    It would help to know what thread you're talking about.

Was this a current thread? If not, we can't go back and update every out of date thread to reflect current law. People need to see what the current law is before acting on information on the internet that may be dated.

Also please not that after a certain period of time, threads are auto closed due to inactivity, so the closure may not have been a moderator action. Again, it would help to know which thread you are referencing.

Sorry , new to this..:) here is the link to the page.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...-gun-laws.html

I'm from fl and going to SC so was checking on this an did a search on Google, but when i read it and saw that it said no reciprocity I went to the state sites and checked..glad i did.

JD
    Administrator
    That thread is over a year and a half old and was closed to due inactivity. Since that thread was originally posted, the laws have changed. A search here for [Carolina+Reciprocity] shows current info, however no thread, reply, answer or post should ever be taken as "being the law" for the exact reason you posted about. Things changed. We have over 87,000 threads and it is not our responsibility to update past discussions on the law.

It is the job of the individual to make sure they are within the confines of the law and verify the sources of such "posted information" taking into account the time at which it was posted.

To find the most up to date State laws regarding concealed carry, I advise one of two methods.

1: Go to our Reference Section and view the "sticky" thread: Firearm & Weapons Laws by State (listed by links) which will ( in theory) take you to each state's firearms laws.

Or

2: Visit HandgunLaw.US as they are probably the best source for such info as that is their main focus.

I do hope that anyone looking at the forum here would not use it as a legal reference.
    It would be a much brighter thing to do to look up the laws for the areas that they are going to on a .gov site for that area.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

Why are threads closed due to inactivity? For example, this thread http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...e-holster.html I found in a search. I would like to add my post to the discussion but its closed. It seems silly that if I wanted to discuss this exact topic with the posters in this thread that I would have to start a new thread. Closing the thread seems like a bad thing to do.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by jimtem View Post
    Why are threads closed due to inactivity? For example, this thread http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...e-holster.html I found in a search. I would like to add my post to the discussion but its closed. It seems silly that if I wanted to discuss this exact topic with the posters in this thread that I would have to start a new thread. Closing the thread seems like a bad thing to do.
    While some threads would be okay to do that, it seems pointless to leave threads for someone to dredge back up a topic when all of the original people involved in the thread, including the OP, are no longer participating or their question/comment answered. Some people like the feature; some people don't. From a forum management perspective it keeps topics more fresh and current. On one of my other forums where we do not close, we have had those that dredge up a months old thread just to say something like "yes" or "me too". I feel it's better for the interested member to just open a new thread. It's really a simple thing to do....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

I understand. Each forum is different. I belong to many computer forums and if you start a new thread there you get chewed out by every regular on the board.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by jimtem View Post
    I understand. Each forum is different. I belong to many computer forums and if you start a new thread there you get chewed out by every regular on the board.
    We sort of do that here if someone opens a new one when there is already one that is still available. Most of the time we just quietly merge them together.....
    Bumper

If one comes across an old thread that is closed, would it be ok to open a new one similar, with a link to the old one?
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    If one comes across an old thread that is closed, would it be ok to open a new one similar, with a link to the old one?
    Sure, I have no problem referencing and earlier thread as background.
    Bumper

Sponsored Links