DC Facebook group

This is a discussion on DC Facebook group within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I prefer to keep my personal info and pictures anonymous when dealing with lurkers on a gun site. It would be easy for someone to ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DC Facebook group

I prefer to keep my personal info and pictures anonymous when dealing with lurkers on a gun site. It would be easy for someone to locate my FB profile and gather all kinds of info that i wouldnt want them seeing. Everything i post on here or in my profile here is all im willing to share to the general public.
    Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    If you are living your life worried about being a victim all the time and not enjoying life to the fullest, you are already a victim...
    -You don't know what you don't see-

1*

NRA Member

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    You guys go ahead, I'll wait here.
    I'm with resupt99 on this one.thanks anyway
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LethalStang View Post
    I prefer to keep my personal info and pictures anonymous when dealing with lurkers on a gun site. It would be easy for someone to locate my FB profile and gather all kinds of info that i wouldnt want them seeing. Everything i post on here or in my profile here is all im willing to share to the general public.
    That's exactly what I was thinking. A lot of people on DC are probably more on the paranoid side than most, and the relative anonymity of a forum allows you to not have your whole personal life laid open for anyone who wants to know about gun owners. And lets face it, Facebook is all about sharing info and details about yourself and your life.

I don't consider myself to be overly paranoid, but I don't have FB and if I did, I would certainly not connect my two profiles between here and there.

But then... we're not really paranoid if they are really out to get us, right?
    Walk softly ...

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    I am on Youtube, DC, CSH. I do have a Myspace page...only because a friend made it for me. I also am on a few modeling websites for work stuff, why must people keep dragging me around the net? Really, why are we all running around the net?
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Senior Member Array BruceGibson's Avatar
    Good move! Excellent idea...just joined.

Awesome, just joined! But I probably just outed myself to quite a few people if they decide to dig deeper.

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by metallic View Post
    Awesome, just joined! But I probably just outed myself to quite a few people if they decide to dig deeper.
    "dig deeper"?

You're scaring me a bit my friend!
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Thanks but no Thanks. Facebook is for close friends and family. No offense to everyone here, but you don't need to see my pictures, or get status updates. And, all of my friends and family don't need to know I carry or make a connection between FB and here.

Joined!
    Springfield Armory XD 9mm service
    Sig Sauer P250c 9mm

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

Sorry guys, I'm too ugly to post my face online.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by Arko View Post
    "dig deeper"?

You're scaring me a bit my friend!
    Lol, Arko. Your groupings with your 1911 are kinda scaring me. Remind me not to get on your bad side

I last time I asked for a favor from the group, you all came thru even though it was a little gay. But not this time. I promise.

I am a member of American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. Chase bank is giving away 1 million dollars. Since there is a Facebook thread running would FB members please click the link. I know several DC members have lost somebody they know and loved to this terrible problem. I have lost 2 people to suicide (1) With a firearm (2nd) Running a car in the garage on purpose. Never understood either one but trying to get the word out there. And 1 million will go a long way.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    You guys go ahead, I'll wait here.

^^^^^^^YEP^^^^

I'm wit ret on this one,You guys go ahead and jump in the pool, Its too cold for me

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
    Mark Twain
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

RMS
    This reminds me of the debate between open carry and concealed carry. I am with ret I will stay concealed.

Gonna think about this; I am on FB and quite opinionated, often lighting up Libs with my opinions.....

I guess if the Moderators don't add any points or infractions for my FB posts, that might be OK......
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links