How often do you check your own posts?

This is a discussion on How often do you check your own posts? within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Seems like I frequent DC well, um, er, frequently. But whenever I post something, I tend to frequent it more frequently. Like every 5 seconds ...

View Poll Results: How often do you check on your own posts?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Every minute

0 0%
  • Every 5-30 minutes

5 9.62%
  • Every 30-60 minutes

8 15.38%
  • Once a day

21 40.38%
  • Other - please specify

18 34.62%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How often do you check your own posts?

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

How often do you check your own posts?

Seems like I frequent DC well, um, er, frequently. But whenever I post something, I tend to frequent it more frequently. Like every 5 seconds to see how many people have clicked on it and who has responded.

Is this a personality flaw in me (if so, it would be my only one ) or do other people tend to check their own posts frequently?
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post
    Seems like I frequent DC well, um, er, frequently. But whenever I post something, I tend to frequent it more frequently. Like every 5 seconds to see how many people have clicked on it and who has responded.

Is this a personality flaw in me (if so, it would be my only one ) or do other people tend to check their own posts frequently?
    Yes.

J/K. I tend to look and see what responses/comments have been made.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

VIP Member
    I go to my e-mail to see if there was a reply to the post.

Check my post??

Every day and I have had a warning in the last 30 days that I agreed with the manager of the forum in what they said. I am a visitor here and must abide by the rules here.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder

I'm here morning, during the day (for a while), and at night. I read everything...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Tend to check the site throughout the day when I'm stopped, but especially after I've posted something. I'll check in every 10 to 30 minutes or so for a few hours.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

'Other-please specify'. I usually don't go back and check my posts. I do on occasion subscribe to threads that interest me whether I post in them or not. If I start a thread, then I would go back and check it or subscribe to it.

I have to agree with RamRod. Sometimes I wonder why it takes so darned long for your post to show up on the first page? Sometimes never!!! There has to be a reason for the big "time lag" between the post and when it appears. But when it does, I usually check a couple times a day. Seldom post, unless it's something I really want an answer for.

VIP Member
    It depends on how interesting the original thread is to me. Obviously, a welcome greeting is polite and hospitable and does not require a lot of follow-up. A thread that I start, or one that I post a reply in, was interesting enough to elicit that response, so it is interesting enough for me to want to read others comments.

As to exactly how ofter? It depends on the day. If I am just generally looking around, I will check every couple of hours. If I have time, and there is something that interests me, I'll check the "New Posts" every 15-30 minutes. If I do not have time, well, sorry to tell you all, but there are more important things in life. I can check when I get home, usually before I go to bed.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

VIP Member
    I check my posts after reading responses to it or after the thread has progressed. Sometimes I check my own posts because I do not recall what I exactly wrote.
    Sometimes, I need to check because I realize I am about to contradict myself and want to avoid putting foot in mouth.

I voted 'other'.......it just depends on if I'm around the 'puter' and wether-or-not the thread/post captured my attention.

Having said that, DCC is checked every time I get online.....I love this place!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Distinguished Member
    I generally get email alerts on my Blackberry when someone responds, so I just check it when that happens...

I chose "Other", as I receive emails when someone posts. I then check to see what's been added.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

I voted other because in the user control panel I have it set so any message I post or post an answer to it automatically subscribes me to that thread. Then I receive an email every time there is another response.

I voted others because I have instant notification when I replied to a post. Then when I sign in I go to User CP first and checked all those that I have subscribed to. In the first place, I subscribed to them because I was interested in the topic being discussed. Then after i had exhausted all those subcribed post, I clicked on New Posts to see if I will be interested in any more topics. Before I leave, I go to my User CP again and ticked off those that do not interest me anymore. Habit.
    Bill and Izzie: Proud parents of a soldier.
    I thought of you all day today when I was at the zoo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links