Something odd with my private messages

This is a discussion on Something odd with my private messages within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; This morning when I signed on, I had a notice that said "your PM box is 100% full". It wasn't like that yesterday, and I ...

VIP Member

This morning when I signed on, I had a notice that said "your PM box is 100% full". It wasn't like that yesterday, and I haven't sent or received any PM's since then?

IIRC it previously said that I had the capacity to store 100; and it seems now that changed down to 50, which put me over. I don't know how or why it changed from 100 down to 50........or maybe it's always been 50???? Nevertheless I dumped enough to get below 50, closed and re-opened DC and the message is still there. I then shut down my internet connection, signed back on and the notice is still there. I havnn't restarted my computer yet to try that.

None of this is a big deal, and I know some upgrades/problems have occurred for others. I hope I'm not doing something "computer stupid" here?

I would have normally sent a PM to one of the mods, and not started this thread, but I was concerned that since my PM box was full I would not be able to accept a new PM.

Any ideas? It's probably a simple fix.......sorry to cause any extra work for someone.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Administrator
    Your donation allowed you to get 100 messages. That perk has "expired".
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Your donation allowed you to get 100 messages. That perk has "expired".
    That probably makes sense ! I'm glad to donate and help out, but I'm gonna have to start putting a reminder on my calendar; DC will be right up there with my wife and kids birthdate's.

I know, I know their birthdays, I just don't want to get overwhelmed with work projects and let it slip by. The calendar is my safety net.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

DC Founder
    SIXTO is correct. Those that donate get space for 100 PMs. It never occurred to me that after a year a member would start getting messages.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

VIP Member
    Bumper, the only actual message I got was that my PM box was 100% full.

As soon as I get a chance I'll take care of my annual appreciation.

Almost all The PM's I get are admin spankings,I had to get the 100 message option just so I could get all of them
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Bumper do you send out a message to let us know it is time?

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by jbum View Post
    Bumper do you send out a message to let us know it is time?
    The donation script sends out an email one year after a donation, but I'm not really sure how of quick that email goes out. I would assume that it would be on the day of "expiration". This would only apply to those that use PayPal....
    Bumper

I guess no one likes me, how the heck does one get 100 or even 50 PM's stacked up?

I'm hanging with the wrong crowd.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I guess no one likes me, how the heck does one get 100 or even 50 PM's stacked up?

I'm hanging with the wrong crowd.
    Copy and paste a coupla jokes without editing the bad words,you'll get more messages than you want
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    FWIW I'm done on this thread...........got my answer.

My PM count was based on my donation expiration, and that reminded me to re-donate and now the PM capacity has gone back up.

BTW this is the only website that I help support with a donation, and I do so because it is well-run. Thanks to all the staff and Bumper who make it work that way.

DC Founder
    Thanks, ppkheat. This thread is now closed.
    Bumper

Links