Photo Bucket Virus Warning!!!

This is a discussion on Photo Bucket Virus Warning!!! within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I don't know if this is the right place for this, but Photo Bucket is experiencing a virus called "Internet Security 2010" that attaches to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photo Bucket Virus Warning!!!

Photo Bucket Virus Warning!!!

I don't know if this is the right place for this, but Photo Bucket is experiencing a virus called "Internet Security 2010" that attaches to your photos. When you upload the photos back onto your system the virus attacks and shuts down any Security/Malware software you have and corrupts your computer. Do Not Use Photo Bucket!!!!

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Great.

Thats what trashed out my computer a couple of days ago. I had to redo everything.I lost it all.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    check out

Remove Internet Security 2010 [Removal Guide]

This guide worked for my coworker's computer.

Hope that helps you

I just used Photo Bucket to post a photo and I'm typing here. Is this for internet explorer users only? I'm on an Apple Safari.
    May we never forget those in uniform who protect us night and day in lands far away. And those in all wars who paid the supreme sacrifice in defense of our country. May God Bless our Troops and First Responders.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Jacket View Post
    I just used Photo Bucket to post a photo and I'm typing here. Is this for internet explorer users only? I'm on an Apple Safari.
    I'm wondering the same thing. How/when exactly does this virus attach itself to your system? Does it get on your computer if you download a photo to your computer from photobucket?

Yes... someone please explain the procedure here...

I upload pics for storage to PB, then link them into forums and whatnot.... I don't d/l them back to the computer as I have the original on here.
    Sean
    XD 9SC | XD 45ACP Service | XD 45ACP Compact |Borealis
    "You may know where you are. God may know where you are. If you don't tell your dispatcher where you are, you'd better be on speaking terms with God!"

My work computer was hit with that last week. We ran a scan & came back with no problems......seems to have just disapeared unless the work virus remover removed it without saying anything??

And yes, I use Photobucket.....but not saying that is where it came from....
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

I was clicking around my photobucket account yesterday when Firefox came to a grinding halt. Lot of harddrive activity and system resources were zilch. I had to kill firefox.exe in the task manager... only then did my CPU% drop from 100% to around zero. Something weird was going on but I must have stopped the infection process cause now I'm GTG.
    “Put your pain in a box. Lock it down. No man is stronger than one who can harness his emotions.” -Act of Valor

IN regards to Firefox... the 2 latest versions have been acting up for me. I get a lot of (Not Responding) issues. Not to mention it doesn't keep up with the typing... keeps freezing up.
    Sean
    XD 9SC | XD 45ACP Service | XD 45ACP Compact |Borealis
    "You may know where you are. God may know where you are. If you don't tell your dispatcher where you are, you'd better be on speaking terms with God!"

I had it on a new version of Firefox last week. It changed my screen kelly green and kept saying I had malware and needed to buy Internet Security 2010...yeah right. There were also regular popups trying to look like official Microsoft screens trying to scare me into buying their virus eliminator...hence the term scareware. It blocked AVG and wouldn't let me get into some stuff. I looked it up online and followed the procedure...I downloaded malwarebytes and one other thing...I can't remember. I ran malwarebytes last and kept doing it and eventually it got rid of the bugger. It was more annoying than destructive.

This is how we got it, my Wife downloaded pictures from her camera onto PB. After she uploaded the pictures She received the pop ups described by Orange Boy she tried running security software and it was locked. She was in no other programs other than PB, and she was only uploading her own photos. I do not know how it attached to her photos. But I know a lot of members here use PB and I just wanted to give you a heads up.

I just use a Mac
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Great.

Thats what trashed out my computer a couple of days ago. I had to redo everything.I lost it all.

YEP^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Boy View Post
    I had it on a new version of Firefox last week. It changed my screen kelly green and kept saying I had malware and needed to buy Internet Security 2010...yeah right. There were also regular popups trying to look like official Microsoft screens trying to scare me into buying their virus eliminator...hence the term scareware. It blocked AVG and wouldn't let me get into some stuff. I looked it up online and followed the procedure...I downloaded malwarebytes and one other thing...I can't remember. I ran malwarebytes last and kept doing it and eventually it got rid of the bugger. It was more annoying than destructive.

Exactly how my ordeal went down, My avg & spybot could not get rid of it though;

I was just thinking a couple days before it happened that I should backup the main comp to my 1 T hard drive and then whammy!!!!

I don't recall going to photobucket though.

One of my daughters used the main comp for a bit just b4 dinner and I come out of the shower and boom, got the big warning with security baloney 2010 .
    Lost some good links and some saved files ,but nothing we could'nt live W/O

Careful because it corupted ALL of My saved emails ,but all MS works files and other stuff was ok??

“What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    I've been using Photo Bucket with no problems with Firefox and IE.
    I've had the Internet Security 2010 screen pop up when I've been on You Tube.
    If the warning pops up don't click on it or even the X in the top right corner to close it.
    Shut down your computer immediately, and run Malware Bytes and you should be safe. I downloaded Malware Bytes over a year ago and I update and run it at least once a week, along with a monthly system back-up to an external hard drive.
    Once bitten twice shy, but after having a hard drive failure and spending three weeks to completely restore my system from back-up CD's, I don't care to repeat that mess again. Three weeks of restoring and lost business taught me to maintain the computer regularly.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Quote Originally Posted by dsee11789 View Post
    I just use a Mac
    Me too! I love when the fake "Windows" screens come up showing you have a virus. It's really entertaining to see "My Computer" on a macbook screen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links