First open carry with new G19

This is a discussion on First open carry with new G19 within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I turned 21 yesterday and spent most of the day at the gun range. I love my new Glock 19, fits good in my hand, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First open carry with new G19

First open carry with new G19

I turned 21 yesterday and spent most of the day at the gun range. I love my new Glock 19, fits good in my hand, my girlfriend can shoot it no problem and man does it disappear when i have it in my iwb holster with just about any shirt I own. I open carried to the in n out burger, the local movie theater, and to wally world. No problems at all, actually got stopped by a couple of 2nd amendment supporters inside the in n out burger. They were from New Mexico and were just asking questions about AZs open carry laws. All and all it was a great birthday and a great first day of open carrying. I am taking my ccw class in 3 weeks so plenty of time to open carry wherever I can!

2. Remove Ads

Congrats on the new Glock...

Open carry SHOULD be a non-event, glad it was...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by SpencerB View Post
    I turned 21 yesterday and spent most of the day at the gun range. I love my new Glock 19, fits good in my hand, my girlfriend can shoot it no problem and man does it disappear when i have it in my iwb holster with just about any shirt I own. I open carried to the in n out burger, the local movie theater, and to wally world. No problems at all, actually got stopped by a couple of 2nd amendment supporters inside the in n out burger. They were from New Mexico and were just asking questions about AZs open carry laws. All and all it was a great birthday and a great first day of open carrying. I am taking my ccw class in 3 weeks so plenty of time to open carry wherever I can!
    Sit tight on that CCW class... we'll find out within a week or two if our state adopts a no-CCW-required law, just like Alaska and Vermont.

Meanwhile, stay safe, and be cognizant of places where you can't carry - like all the Westcor malls. Also, legal or not, if I was carrying openly while shopping in Scottsdale I would expect to have a chat with the gendarmes. "I say, Muffy, we mustn't frighten the snowbirds..."
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

SpencerB, I am glad to hear things went well as you seem to be in my neck of the woods.

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    Glad things went well! That's the way it should be. I used to open carry quite a bit when I was in states that allowed it, and I never had an issue.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Sit tight on that CCW class... we'll find out within a week or two if our state adopts a no-CCW-required law, just like Alaska and Vermont.
    I'm jealous ! What a great thing that would be. Makes me consider a move to Alaska!

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post

Meanwhile, stay safe, and be cognizant of places where you can't carry - like all the Westcor malls. Also, legal or not, if I was carrying openly while shopping in Scottsdale I would expect to have a chat with the gendarmes. "I say, Muffy, we mustn't frighten the snowbirds..."
    Good luck and call your state representative. I would love to see AZ pass such a law. I hope to see this become a wave that sweeps the country!

Also, glad you had a happy birthday Spencer!

I've always been jealous of you other states, I just wish Illinois could get with the program and pass any kind of carry law...........!!!!!!!

I agree. I wish Virginia would do away with permit requirements and make it no permit needed. OC or CC without a permit. If it weren't so cold in VT and AK.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Turned 21 on the 15th of march. Just picked up my G19 today. Hope to have the same results as you brother.

Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    I agree. I wish Virginia would do away with permit requirements and make it no permit needed. OC or CC without a permit. If it weren't so cold in VT and AK.

Phoenix ain't cold..................just sayin'

YMMV

Lon

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    Nice choice on your ccw.Now that you own one glock it looks like you'll have another one real quick.One doesn't cut it if there's more than one shooting
    it.I wish Maine would go like Vermont no permits.I just did my third renewal
    it cost me $20 and it's good until 2014.This one was the fastest ever 16 days !!

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    Watch the laws regarding an type of Liquor Act in your state. Here in Michigan I'm 19 can legally OC but NOT ANYWHERE that sells liquor, opened or closed, this includes Wally World, gas stations, Olive Garden etc. I have to get my CPL to OC in these places, then I would be exempt.
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    Seems like it was just yesterday that I turned 21... that was four years ago. I feel so old now LOL!

Congrats on the G19... and good for you for exercising your 2nd Amendment right!
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

thats great to hear, and happy belatted birthday

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links