OC Thread on T-Nation.com

This is a discussion on OC Thread on T-Nation.com within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; T-Nation is a physical training website I frequent. Here is a recent thread about OC in Michigan. I always find it interesting to hear what ...

Thread: OC Thread on T-Nation.com

OC Thread on T-Nation.com

T-Nation is a physical training website I frequent. Here is a recent thread about OC in Michigan. I always find it interesting to hear what regular people think about a particular subject...like those that don't live the defensive carry lifestyle, for example.

T-Nation.com | Open Carry Legal in Michigan! - Page 1

2. Remove Ads

Reasonable response for the most part, especially so considering the audience.
    Last edited by maddyfish; March 24th, 2010 at 07:46 AM.

I've seen worse responses on other gun boards! Send this to him, it's from OCDO and covers OC in MI.

OpenCarry.org - State Information For Michigan

MI OC discussion forum on OCDO.

Michigan - Stories From The States - OpenCarry.org - Discussion Forum

This site is great, don't get me wrong. But he can ask state specific questions to folks in his state there. Instead of the, "In my state...." answers that a national board gets. I spend a lot of time on both boards.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    I've seen worse responses on other gun boards! Send this to him, it's from OCDO and covers OC in MI.

OpenCarry.org - State Information For Michigan

MI OC discussion forum on OCDO.

Michigan - Stories From The States - OpenCarry.org - Discussion Forum

This site is great, don't get me wrong. But he can ask state specific questions to folks in his state there. Instead of the, "In my state...." answers that a national board gets. I spend a lot of time on both boards.
    Good info...

And just for your info, MI has a preemption law so cities can't pass a law banning OC.
    People do it everyday all over MI without any problems.
    Now.. thats not to say we still don't have some hard headed cops that still hassle some but it is getting less & less.
    It's legal & the cops know it.

VIP Member
    ^^^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^
    to what leader said

12. Have not been convicted of one of the following misdemeanors in the 8 years immediately preceding the date of application:

Failing to stop when involved in a personal injury accident, MCL 257.617a
    Operating while intoxicated, second offense, MCL 257.625(9)(b)
    Drunk driving, commercial vehicle, MCL 257.625m(4)
    Reckless driving, MCL 257.626
    Driving while license suspended or revoked, second or subsequent offense, MCL 257.904
    Operating aircraft while under the influence of intoxicating liquor or a controlled substance with prior conviction, MCL 259.185
    Hindering or obstructing certain persons performing official weights and measures duties, MCL 290.629
    Hindering, obstructing, assaulting, or committing bodily injury upon director or authorized representative, MCL 290.650
    Operating an ORV under the influence of intoxicating liquor or a controlled substance, second or subsequent offense, MCL 324.81134(5)-(6)
    Operating a snowmobile under the influence of intoxicating liquor or a controlled substance, second or subsequent offense, MCL 324.82127 punishable under section MCL 324.82128(1)(b) or (c)
    Operating a vessel under the influence of intoxicating liquor or a controlled substance, second or subsequent offense, MCL 324.80176 punishable under MCL 324.80177(1)(b)
    Possessing a controlled substance, controlled substance analogue, or prescription form, MCL 333.7403.
    Operating a locomotive under the influence of intoxicating liquor or a controlled substance, or while visibly impaired, MCL 462.353(4)
    Displaying sexually explicit matter to minors, MCL 722.677
    Assault or domestic assault, MCL 750.81
    Aggravated assault or aggravated domestic assault, MCL 750.81a
    Breaking and entering or entering without breaking, MCL 750.115
    Fourth-degree child abuse, MCL 750.136b
    Accosting, enticing, or soliciting a child for immoral purposes, MCL 750.145a
    Vulnerable adult abuse, MCL 750.145n
    Solicitation to commit a felony, MCL 750.157b
    Impersonating a peace officer or medical examiner, MCL 750.215
    Illegal sale of a firearm or ammunition, MCL 750.223
    Illegal use or sale of a self-defense spray, MCL 750.224d
    Sale or possession of a switchblade, MCL 750.226a
    Improper transportation of a loaded firearm, MCL 750.227c
    Failure to have a pistol inspected, MCL 750.228
    Accepting a pistol in pawn, MCL 750.229
    Failure to register the purchase of a firearm or a firearm component, MCL 750.232
    Improperly obtaining a pistol, making a false statement on an application to purchase a pistol, or using false identification to purchase a pistol, MCL 750.232a
    Intentionally aiming a firearm without malice, MCL 750.233
    Intentionally discharging a firearm aimed without malice, MCL 750.234
    Possessing a firearm on prohibited premises, MCL 750.234d
    Brandishing a firearm in public, MCL 750.234e
    Possession of a firearm by an individual less than 18 years of age, MCL 750.234f
    Intentionally discharging a firearm aimed without malice causing injury, MCL 750.235
    Parent of a minor who possessed a firearm in a weapon-free school zone, MCL 750.235a
    Setting a spring gun or other device, MCL 750.236
    Possessing a firearm while under the influence of intoxicating liquor or a drug, MCL 750.237
    Weapon-free school zone violation, MCL 750.237a
    Indecent exposure, MCL 750.335a
    Stalking, MCL 750.411h
    Fourth-degree criminal sexual conduct, MCL 750.520e
    Reckless, careless, or negligent use of a firearm resulting in injury or death, MCL 752.861
    Careless, reckless, or negligent use of a firearm resulting in property damage, MCL 752.862
    Reckless discharge of a firearm, MCL 752.863a

Here is a list of misdermeanors which would exclude a person from getting a cpl in MI. The OP in that other forum needs to go to the MSP website linked below and check the facts

MSP - Concealed Pistol License Requirements

Anything Free Is Worth What You Pay For It
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Links