OC season is officially open!

This is a discussion on OC season is officially open! within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It was warm and beautiful here today. (Southwest Tennessee) And I took advantage of it. We took our kids to the town Easter Egg hunt ...

Thread: OC season is officially open!

OC season is officially open!

It was warm and beautiful here today. (Southwest Tennessee) And I took advantage of it.

We took our kids to the town Easter Egg hunt where I open carried, as did several others that we saw there.

I went to a friends house to help him move out of his place as he is moving to another state in a few days. I OC'ed there as well.

I stopped at Costco to pick up a couple of items and OC'ed there as well, not even a funny look.

I also had to drop off a prescription at the local Kroger Pharmacy and again, everything went normally and uneventfully.

We grilled out on the back patio and after dinner, my wife and I and our two youngest took a walk through the neighborhood where I again open carried and not one single person freaked out. In fact, everyone we saw said hello and waved.

It was a great day. Tomorrow is looking to be about the same!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

2. Remove Ads

I should move to TN when I retire. I've heard many good things about your state. Sounds like you had a very busy day, you probably slept like a baby after that.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Congrats, tell us again how it feels to be a free American. Us gun owners here in Mass are still in chains we need hope.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

VIP Member
    Same thing here in VA, TN Mike. Temperature was in the 80's. Took wife to eat at Texas Roadhouse, trip into WalMart, stop at 7-11 for a drink, Wawa for gas and the local gun store to check ammo prices. Open carried the whole time and no one said a thing to me. Even the wife is getting used to me OC'ing.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Congrats on the cool day, Mike. That's how it should be. Being rousted for daring to be armed should be relegated to the Luddite trash heap of history. Days like this remind us how important it is.

Quote Originally Posted by JAT40 View Post
    Congrats, tell us again how it feels to be a free American. Us gun owners here in Mass are still in chains we need hope.
    Too true.

In the USA, nothing distinguishes the Free from everyone else like the attitude regarding the carry of firearms by citizens. If the state would take from you the right to bear arms, they would enslave you as a cog in their machinery for tuppence.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Good to hear Mike, sounds like a great day. Not to get off target here, but last I heard was that you were moving to Ga. So are you staying in the great state of Tn or are you still moving off Mike??

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Same thing here in VA, TN Mike. Temperature was in the 80's. Took wife to eat at Texas Roadhouse, trip into WalMart, stop at 7-11 for a drink, Wawa for gas and the local gun store to check ammo prices. Open carried the whole time and no one said a thing to me. Even the wife is getting used to me OC'ing.
    I'm glad your wife is starting to get used to you OC'ing. When my boyfriend first started OCing, I was a bit nervous. I didn't know what it was, why anyone would want to do it, how many places we'd get kicked out of for doing it. But after I saw that he treated it as no big deal and that others around him, customers, shop owners, etc., took his lead and were cool with it too, I started liking it when he OC'd. After a couple of times, I joined in. Now I OC as much as he does.

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    Mike I did similarly the other day...OC season is alive and well here in AZ too! Thursday I ran to the hardware store, got a haircut, and ate lunch at a fast food joint that is hoppin' on Fridays here, all without incident.

I thought Costco had a corporate policy against carry, and posted stores in OC states! Mike, is your Costco unposted? If it's not corporate policy, then I am going to go talk to the GM of Costco here...
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

Glad to hear it.

After my first experience I'm sure to find myself favoring OC rather than the Smart Carry that serves for my CC holster on a regular basis.

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    I'm right there with ya Mike...

OC'ed last Monday night Jason's Deli on Germantown Pkwy, last night Jason's Deli on Ridgeway and tonight Danvers on Kirby at Poplar. No one seemed threatened by this "old man" and his Glock!
    Proud NRA member

Grrrr at stupid non-open carry Florida!
    If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

"Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

Quote Originally Posted by MinistrMalic View Post
    Mike I did similarly the other day...OC season is alive and well here in AZ too! Thursday I ran to the hardware store, got a haircut, and ate lunch at a fast food joint that is hoppin' on Fridays here, all without incident.

I thought Costco had a corporate policy against carry, and posted stores in OC states! Mike, is your Costco unposted? If it's not corporate policy, then I am going to go talk to the GM of Costco here...
    None of the Costco's here are posted at all. I have open carried at the Costco on Germantown Parkway near I-40 many, many times and have never had anyone say a single thing to me.

Orange, glad you are OCing too. We have to get together and have some fun some time.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I remember a time we didn't need to worry about crimes such as what happened to the young couple from NJ,a botched carjacking.
    Living in Atlanta, I open carry whenever possible ( I am licensed CCW authorized) to let it be known I will defend myself.
    In the car my weapon is clearly displayed and loaded should I need it, God forbid! In the last year twice I avoided a possible confirmation because my weapon was in plain sight.
    I have never had anyone or a LEO voice a concern about my gun.
    I don't like the fact that crime is out of control but crime, will not control me.IMHO..rc
    "Honor those who came before us..teach your children well"

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    Another un-eveventful open-carry day, today.

Wife and I went to local Subway for dinner tonight. I open carried my Glock 19 in a Blackhawk Serpa holster. Spare mag in a Blackhawk holder weak side. I'm wearing jeans and a black Under Armour golf shirt. No one seemed to notice that I was carrying, until we were leaving. A man was walking out behind us as we left the Subway and commented, "Glocks, gotta love 'em, I carry a Glock 26". This started a 2 minute conversation with him in the parking lot comparing various handguns.
    Proud NRA member

Links