Do Women who OC get same result as Men?

This is a discussion on Do Women who OC get same result as Men? within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Blownsvt Speaking as a 25 yr old guy (married btw) it totally depends on the girl. The gun would not deter me ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do Women who OC get same result as Men?

Quote Originally Posted by Blownsvt View Post
    Speaking as a 25 yr old guy (married btw) it totally depends on the girl. The gun would not deter me one bit. If anything it might encourage it seeing as how i also like guns. I would base my choice to hit on a woman based more on her appearance than any other factor. An attractive woman with a gun......
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You must NOT be HAPPILTY MARRIED, Hitting on a women when
    married @ 25 Yrs OLD JMO PS The soccer moms will be hitting
    their cell phones for sure ; )
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    I rarely OC and I've only OC'd once when someone has been observant enough to even notice.
    The reaction was rather extreme. I stayed at the dock with the boat, packing up fishing gear while hubby went for the truck and trailer. As I stepped out onto the dock the man in the slip next to us noticed, screamed "Holy (obscenity)" and stepped backward, right off the end of the dock!
    He wasn't injured, and made no further comment, but I seldom see anyone get a boat back on a trailer as fast as he did
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugergirl View Post
    I rarely OC and I've only OC'd once when someone has been observant enough to even notice.
    The reaction was rather extreme. I stayed at the dock with the boat, packing up fishing gear while hubby went for the truck and trailer. As I stepped out onto the dock the man in the slip next to us noticed, screamed "Holy (obscenity)" and stepped backward, right off the end of the dock!
    He wasn't injured, and made no further comment, but I seldom see anyone get a boat back on a trailer as fast as he did
    Were you able to keep yourself from laughing as he made his way back onto the dock?
    Bend the knees, smooth is fast, watch the front sight.

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    maybe it was embarrassment and not fear?
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Quote Originally Posted by pinklady View Post
    or would I get alot of negative attention from the soccer mom's out there?
    I'm not so positive. In VA? Depends on whether you are OC'ing in the soccer mom's natural habitat. If you are at a kids function, negative attention may be more likely. But just running errands. Why would a woman OC'ing get more negative attention than a man? I OC with my kids and have gotten no extra or negative attention. FWIW, I am a guy. But does that really make all the difference? So every other post on an OC thread gets some mention of how little attention you get. Why would that change for a woman? Unless you OC with a neon sign saying "I have a gun." I'm just not so sure.

The big question is, how much do you care what someone else thinks? If it means a lot, then you might have a problem with a confrontation. If you don't care, then does it matter? As long as you stay legal and have the right to carry then you are good to go. If you have a right to OC, and don't OC because of what others think, do you REALLY have a right to OC anymore? Or have you basically given that right up because of not wanting to offend someone? Just something to think about.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    The soccer moms had screaming fits, literally. She wound up charged with breach of peace, even though OC was perfectly legal. BTW, she was a soccer mom, too - there with her own children.
    They also took away her concealed permit, citing poor judgment.

The other moms kept saying " why would you carry to a kids soccer game?" my response would have been simple... To make sure that my kids and all of yours are protected.

A few weeks later she was shot to death by her ex, or estranged boyfriend/husband (can't remember which). Really sad story. I can't help but wonder how all of the people feel who forced her to lose her ability to defend herself.

As far as the OP goes, if I were not married and still hit on random women, I would be way more likely to approach and start a conversation with a WWAG since I would know we have something in common. I would tend to think you would get an overall desireable response. The guys who don't like guns would stay away and be scared of you still, and the one who like guns would pay more attention to you.
    Walk softly ...

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post
    maybe it was embarrassment and not fear?
    Nope, pure terror. I asked if he was ok and he said yes as he got back into the back of the boat and took off heading for his vehicle. I pulled my T-shirt over it before he returned and went about getting the boat onto the trailer, pulled up onto land, tied everything down and got ready to leave. He pulled his out of the water and took off without even tying down to the trailer until he was way away from us.
    I did notice a bit of a smell though, he might have had some sort of accident?
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Nope, pure terror. I asked if he was ok and he said yes as he got back into the back of the boat and took off heading for his vehicle. I pulled my T-shirt over it before he returned and went about getting the boat onto the trailer, pulled up onto land, tied everything down and got ready to leave. He pulled his out of the water and took off without even tying down to the trailer until he was way away from us.
    I did notice a bit of a smell though, he might have had some sort of accident?
    dang girl you sure you didn't inadvertently draw down on him or something?

Interesting reaction. Good story too
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Quote Originally Posted by BigStick View Post
    They also took away her concealed permit, citing poor judgment.

The other moms kept saying " why would you carry to a kids soccer game?" my response would have been simple... To make sure that my kids and all of yours are protected.

A few weeks later she was shot to death by her ex, or estranged boyfriend/husband (can't remember which). Really sad story. I can't help but wonder how all of the people feel who forced her to lose her ability to defend herself.
    I knew there was more to the story, but I couldn't remember what.

I doubt they gave it a single second's thought.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    I knew there was more to the story, but I couldn't remember what.

I doubt they gave it a single second's thought.
    I posted a while back in the "should a mother carry a gun" thread.....
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ml#post1421574

Its sad but true.....

Quote Originally Posted by hogdaddy View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You must NOT be HAPPILTY MARRIED, Hitting on a women when
    married @ 25 Yrs OLD JMO PS The soccer moms will be hitting
    their cell phones for sure ; )
    you completely missed my point. I am happily married for nearly 7 years to an insanely beautiful woman who tolerates all of my insanity. It does not get much better than that. I do not frequently hit on women besides my wife lol. I was providing perspective from the age group that generally is notorious for hitting on women. If i were single and able i would definitely chat it up with an attractive gun toting woman.
    I LOVE ME SOME HK's!

RIP Mike, miss you buddy!

The woman who OC'd in Pennsylvania last year certainly had an attempt at public shaming, when she had the typical ignorant "Man with a gun!" type call made about her. For months, it ignited a public debate about how wrong firearms were, in this day and age, and to think that a woman would dare do something so ridiculous particularly around her kids. Sound familiar? Well, she was subjected to the same crap as anyone else.

Can't speak to the cat calls and other garbage, but from what I've read about people's experiences and what becomes news, there doesn't seem to be much difference.

If anything, I would think that an armed female would simply strike folks, generally speaking, as a bit less threatening than an armed male ... 'cause, God knows what an armed male can do. (You know, stereotypes.)

As to need to carry, I think the practical realities speak for themselves.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

my concerns aren't related to the gender as much as thoughts of a successful disarm of said gal or guy FTM by a wild wooley wingnut. Women OCing bothers me big time unless I feel she could take me down quickly even under surprise attempt and I find it hard to imagine...fending off a very determined thug.

Quote Originally Posted by Blownsvt View Post
    you completely missed my point. I am happily married for nearly 7 years to an insanely beautiful woman who tolerates all of my insanity. It does not get much better than that. I do not frequently hit on women besides my wife lol. I was providing perspective from the age group that generally is notorious for hitting on women. If i were single and able i would definitely chat it up with an attractive gun toting woman.
    Cool, Was kinda wandering I got to use sunglasses just to look
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links