Do Women who OC get same result as Men? - Page 4

Do Women who OC get same result as Men?

This is a discussion on Do Women who OC get same result as Men? within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by limatunes Three times, I have gotten VERY negative comments relating to my carrying and they were all centered around my abilities (or ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Do Women who OC get same result as Men?

Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    Three times, I have gotten VERY negative comments relating to my carrying and they were all centered around my abilities (or lack thereof) with my firearm. Things like, "There's no reason for you to carry that thing cause you won't know what to do with it when the time comes, anyway." or "I don't want you hurting yourself." or "You have no business carrying a gun." As you can imagine, comments like that just about send me through the roof.
    There is the baby's college fund. Every time one of those jerks open their pie hole. Tell em you shoot better than they do any day of the week. Tell em to put up or shut up. Than meet them at the range or have the satisfaction of seeing them slink off with their tail between their legs.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Same as me, my wife has never had a bad experience when out and about while OC. I think it is pretty much the same.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Do it!! The sheep need the conditioning and the cops also.

I OC fairly often and most of the time no one notices. The most notice I got was when I was down in CA a short time ago, I could only OC there, and the responses I got where either people walking away very quickly or coming up to me wanting to know why I was carrying and if they could also.

At home here in ID, no one cares except to ask what I shoot and the occasional guy that comes up and asks me if I have a sister like me.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws... serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Cesare Beccaria

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    I wish girls open carried where I live....
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Quote Originally Posted by mamakennedy View Post
    I OC fairly often and most of the time no one notices. The most notice I got was when I was down in CA a short time ago, I could only OC there, and the responses I got where either people walking away very quickly or coming up to me wanting to know why I was carrying and if they could also.

At home here in ID, no one cares except to ask what I shoot and the occasional guy that comes up and asks me if I have a sister like me.
    Well, do you???

Quote Originally Posted by ep1953 View Post
    Well, do you???
    I have sisters, but not like me...I'm the odd ball in the family.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws... serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Cesare Beccaria

Quote Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post
    yeah women can't handle gu.... umm...dear.. put that down... it's not loa... CLICK... ok now its loaded...

all kidding aside, many times women taking the CCW class with their hubbys actually shoot better then the guy.
    My wife shoots better then me & my sister in law shoots better then her husband.
    But we LOVE it when the girls will come and shoot with us.

I only OC at the range, but I know that when I'm around the house CCing (I'm not quite as vigilant about concealment in my own home) and one of my "soccer mom" friends who didn't know I CC catches sight of it, they tend to over-react...media programming. I explain the seat belt analogy (I don't wear a seat belt because I plan to get in a wreck but I'm better off having it if that wreck ever happens...) and then they are usually very accepting...and grateful...and the ones who aren't don't stay my friends for long.

That being said, I don't trust most of the nut job libs out there not to shout "gun" in a crowded supermarket if I were to walk in with a visible side arm, even if it is legal here in CO. Some 65 yr old retiree fishing at a city park had to surrender his LEGAL side arm to officers last year because some ding dong called the cops, so that is a pretty good clue as to how the public reacts...and I'm guessing it would be the same, male or female.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~Benjamin Franklin

i like that

that seat belt analogy is pretty hard to defend against...although it's been my observation that left wingers rarely use or comprehend what i refer to as logic.

i love this column - i think women carrying is not only perfectly acceptable, but desirable - imagine a land of confidant, trained, non-victims interested in enforcing not only their rights but there as an additional protection to those around! wow. as both a man and a LEO, i love that idea!
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined" ~Patrick Henry

I'm 6'2" and 295 pounds, with a crewcut, and look like LE or military. I'm not nearly as likely to be targeted for a mugging or violence as a 5'4", 130 lb woman. If anything, I should get more looks when I OC than they do!
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

Well, there you have it. See my wifes thread: Responses I got today open carrying.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

I am a girl & I OC everywhere I go that it is legal.I live in NC where OC is legal & I feel that as long as it is my right I'm going to do it.I like knowing that I'm able to protect myself & my daughter.Most of the time I don't think most of the even notice that I am carrying to be honest w/u.

I've not had any real problems while carrying nor have I had any WWAG calls that I am aware of yet.I also have not been hit on my any guys just b/c I was OC'ing that I know of.I have run into several cops while OC'ing & not had any trouble.One of them did ask me why I felt the need to carry a gun & my answer was simply that it was my right to do so.He said "Ok just be careful & have a good night" & that was that.I have had a woman come up to me & ask me if my gun was real & if it was loaded.My answer to that was "Yes & of course why would I carry around an unloaded gun??" I don't mind if ppl come up to me and ask me why I carry or ask me about carrying my gun.If they ask nicely then I will take the time to talk to them & don't mind doing it but if they are snotty about it then they will get a snotty answer to their question.
    I think that ppl tend to think less about a woman OC'ing then they do a man doing the same thing.I think if ur wife wants to OC & it is legal then I say go for it.I don't OC for looks or to find a date I OC to be able to protect myself & my family.
    Firegoddess

I open carry all the time and have gotten many different reactions than my male friends in arms..

Many times instead of people asking the question "Are you a police officer" I get "Oh are you new on the force here?" or "How long have you been a police officer?". I guess a 5'4 chick is a lot less threatening than a 6'2 guy with a gun on his hip.

Heck when going home from the range and stopping off to grab something to eat or walk in wal-mart to grab something I'll often have my gun in a thigh holster and not have any problems.

I do get hit on, but I don't care. At least they aren't vulgar when they do so! Mostly it's fellow gun lovers, and often I get swept up in a good conversation about guns. Win-win situation!

I don't get frowns from the "soccer moms" but I think that's because I do look like the gun belongs with me... and well I guess with my job, it really does. Ha!

- On an interesting note, once I walked into a sub shop with my SO and he got a nasty look and response from the cook. When he nicely informed her it was legal to OC, she shrugged it off. When he went to the bathroom to wash his hands, she came to the table to get my order, looked RIGHT at my gun, smiled and said "About time our town got a female police officer".

My neighbors were a little freaked out when I got out of my car and pulled out not one but three guns (12gage and 20 gage Shotguns) smiled, waved, and made my way to the house. Sure haven't had any break ins.
    When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend. - US Marine Corps

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links