concerned and need advice - Page 4

concerned and need advice

This is a discussion on concerned and need advice within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by RebelRabbi "It is not enough in a situation of trust in the commonwealth, that a man means well to his country; it ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by RebelRabbi View Post
    "It is not enough in a situation of trust in the commonwealth, that a man means well to his country; it is not enough that in his single person he never did an evil act, but always voted according to his conscience, and even harangued against every design which he apprehended to be prejudicial to the interests of his country. This innoxious and ineffectual character, that seems formed upon a plan of apology and disculpation, falls miserably short of the mark of public duty. That duty demands and requires that what is right should not only be made known, but made prevalent; that what is evil should not only be detected, but defeated. When the public man omits to put himself in a situation of doing his duty with effect it is an omission that frustrates the purposes of his trust almost as much as if he had formally betrayed it. It is surely no very rational account of a man's life, that he has always acted right but has taken special care to act in such a manner that his endeavors could not possibly be productive of any consequence."

Edmund Burke
    Thank you for posting this. It goes well with Edmund Burke oft quoted truism "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Based on some of the comments on this thread. Is it any wonder crime is so rampant in our streets?

I know its probably out of fashion and just dates me but I was raised to believe that being an American Citizen is a privilege denied many. That our freedom, liberty even our rights come at a cost. That we each have a duty, an obligation to our community, our nation and our fellow citizens. That to allow selfish self centered self interest or cowardice to be your guiding force was a despicable weakness. That honor, integrity, duty, service, obligation are far more important than me, myself, and I or my even life.

There was a time when no man would stand by and allow a fellow citizen to be preyed upon. The coward who would stand by and do nothing while a fellow citizen was attacked, a child abused or a lady molested was despised nation wide.

Its sad to see that this nation has done a complete 180. Now there are those that glorify selfish cowardice. Proudly announcing their unwillingness to risk anything if it is not self serving. Attempting to justify their weakness by making disparaging remarks about those that would do the right thing, the humane thing.

Gun or no gun it is not about being a hero, wanna be cop or tough guy. Its about being a decent human being and simply doing the right thing. The necessary thing, no more than what a dog would do for a fellow pack member. A human being should at least measure up to dog standards.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Quote Originally Posted by pinklady View Post
    Maybe it's just me and I've never notice til now. Since my SA is up more, now maybe I'm just now noticing the lookers.
    You are probably right, you ladies are often far more beautiful and attention getting than you realize. Most ladies grow accustomed to ignoring the attention your presence generates. Now that your SA is up you are seeing a lot of what was intuitively turned off of your radar as irrelevant including mens natural reaction to you. Relax, stay alert and keep on OCing. That said guys that circle the block three times are not normal, call them in and get to a safe spot ASAP.

In defense of my gender. Yes most of us have a great appreciation of how beautiful lady are. Whats not to admire? After all Gods greatest gifts are often the ladies in our lives. I think it speaks well of us as a whole that most ladies do not notice when we admire them. That by the time we are out of our teens most of us manage to do so tactfully.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links